• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial for the Camino de Levante

Casper

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de la Plata (2006)
Hello,

In July I'm going to cycle the Camino de Levante from Valencia to Santiago.
There is a good guide that I can buy at the shop of the "local amigos" in Valencia.
I've sent them a mail if I also could buy my credencial there, but till now no answer. :?
Is there anyone that has done the Camino de Levante in the past
and can tell me where to buy the Credencial?

Thanks
Kunno

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well, I can answer my own question now. :mrgreen:
Received an email from the AsociaciĂłn "AMIGOS DEL CAMINO DE SANTIAGO" in Valencia that they do sell credencials.

Yes, of course you can cycle this Camino.

It's quite well marked from Valencia and from Alicante to link with the Camino de la Plata in Granja de Moreruela.

You can read the guide, in spanish and in french but from Alicante, in http://www.amigosdelcamino.com / Relatos.

Buen Camino,

Javier MartĂ­n
Madris, Spain

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello Javier,

It looks like you've cycled this Camino already, yes?

Right now I'm not sure if I should take my tent with me or not, especially
the part from Valencia to Zamora. Why?
When I read the information on Mundicamino it looks like there are
more than enough places to stay for the night.
But when I read the info on the Marianistas forum I'm not so sure anymore. (read entry #6, the last 14 lines)
Maybe you can give me some advise.

thank you,

Kunno

No, I haven't cycled this Camino, nor walked it. But I have seen any albergues, like the one in Novès (Toledo). A very good albergue.

A pilgrim, good friend of mine has cycled it. Good albergues, sometimes you have to look for the keys. You will always stay alone inside. People is very nice with you, usually there's not pilgrims walking or cycling.

The first estapa from Alicante finishes in Novelda. The hospitalero from Novelda has been painting all the yellow arrows until Zamora two years ago. The association from Avila is working a lot to maintain the Camino around their zone. And the association from Valladolid is always watching this Camino. It's a different Camino, nothing like the french way.

You have to be ready to sleep in a hotel if necessary. Sometimes, you will find any person very surprised when you say you are cycling to Santiago by their town. Don't forget your guide. If you are interested, I can ask where to buy a good one, but in spanish.

I know the one you can see in http://www.amigosdelcamino.com it's been translated to english, buy I don't know when it will be ready.

Buen Camino, ask what you need.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain

Javier MartĂ­n said:
Don't forget your guide. If you are interested, I can ask where to buy a good one, but in spanish.

Till now I found the guide "De Valencia a Santiago. Otra ruta a Compostela" from Amparo Sánchez Ribes.

So if you know a good guide and where to buy it, please let me know.

Kunno

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As far as I know, this is the best guide you can find about this Camino.

The "historical one" seems to be the one from Alicante. The Camino from Valencia is marked by the south - Algemesi, Alzira, etc to branch with the Camino from Alicante.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back