A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Credencial in Astorga?

Hi folks, i know this is a bit of a daft question but just to be sure......does anyone know for certain where I can get a credencial in Astorga? I'll be starting there and would prefer a spanish credencial over the CSJ one. (Especially as the CSJ one will effectively cost £30 for membership...although the work they do is great)

Anyone? :)

Advertisment

The refugio/albergue is the place to go to. There was some talk earlier in the year of needing a letter from your church to obtain credencials. This was later clarified so that it appears that only Spanish people requiring a credencial will require this and it does not start immediately. Nevertheless if you are going next year or the year after you may find that to obtain a credencial in Spain some sort of proof of pilgrimage will be required.

I am sure that someone more learned in the current Spanish system will answer.

I know the CSJ passport seems expensive but you are really paying for the work they do and all the practical pilgrim days they hold etc.

Many thanks William and Johnnie, much appreciated!! I know the CSJ do good work but right now I need to keep every outgiong I have to the bare minimum...bit of a shoestring Camino in fact but i have no doubt it will be in many ways a richer experience for it :)

Maybe next year for the CSJ membership..... (to b fair though I actualy prefer the spanish one but thats purely aesthetics)
Anyway - thank you again gentlemen:)

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.5%