• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial in Lisbon

JimG59

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese (Lisbon) 23, Camino del Norte 24
For anyone interested in obtaining a Credencial from Lisbon Cathedral before commencing the Camino Portuguese, the following information will be useful.

Dear Jim,

For organizational reasons, we advise you to try to obtain credentials
at the times indicated below:

- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: from 9:30 to 19:00
- Wednesday and Saturday: from 10 am to 6 pm
- Sunday: credentials and stamps can be requested from the sacristan
of the Cathedral, from 10 am to 1 pm and from 3 pm to 6 pm.

The cost is 2 euros each.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
For anyone interested in obtaining a Credencial from Lisbon Cathedral before commencing the Camino Portuguese, the following information will be useful.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for that information - I'll be arriving in Lisbon 1 May and start walking to Porto 6 May

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Dear Jim,

THank you. Very helpful.

Dear Jim,

Just a quick question.
They mention the sacristan on Sunday's but where in the Cathedral during the week?
Thanks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I got my credencial out of hours, so it is possible. When I got to the cathedral, which was open, the small table where things are sold at the back (to the right of the portico upon entrance) was closed. So I asked one of the officials who was there to monitor the visitors and he went into the back and brought one out, stamped. The officials are easy to notice despite just wearing regular attire.

Just a quick question.
They mention the sacristan on Sunday's but where in the Cathedral during the week?
Thanks.
There is a visitors booth just inside the main cathedral doors. I got my sello on a Sunday, but I would be pretty certain that the stamp would be held there at other times during the cathedral opening hours.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A somewhat unrelated question but given the lack of infrastructure geared towards the Camino de Santiago on the Lisbon to Porto route, where are the best places to look for stamps each day? I have read that the churches don’t tend to be open and there are very few pilgrim hostels.

A somewhat unrelated question but given the lack of infrastructure geared towards the Camino de Santiago on the Lisbon to Porto route, where are the best places to look for stamps each day? I have read that the churches don’t tend to be open and there are very few pilgrim hostels.
I got mine stamped at the pensiones and albergues where I stayed.

There is no lack of infrastructure geared towards the Camino between Lisbon and Porto.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Guess I shouldn’t have said lack, but lesser. I’ve walked the Frances twice. I just do not expect to see the same experience on this route. I didn’t know if bars and churches would have stamps. I wasn’t able to find accommodations everywhere in hostels.

Glad to hear there is plenty of infrastructure. I am so ready to go! I start walking with my husband next Friday May 26th and thanks to the forum I know all about the scaffolding around the Sé, where to find that first arrow, etc. I speak Brazilian Portuguese and can’t wait to be speaking português again even if my accent will be a bit off. My husband is probably going to be annoyed with me ;).

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back