Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Credencial in St Palais?

el guapo 123

El guapo
Year of past OR future Camino
2014 2016 2018
Hi I am walking Le Puy to Santiago and meeting my wife in St Palais just short of St. Jean. Is it possible to pick up a credencial there (we will be hopefully staying in Maison Franciscaine) or should I get her one in Le Puy or St. Jean. Thanks for any advice.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

jsalt

Jill
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, you could maybe pick up a credential for your wife whenever you get the opportunity. It is light enough to carry with you. In fact, if I see them for sale at an albergue, I often buy one, as I never know when it might come in handy. If I meet another pilgrim looking for one, I just ask for the price I paid for it, and give it to him/her, otherwise I just use it on my next camino!
Jill

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Same here, pick one up for her on the first opportunity, in the end - they are not heavy ;) Buen Camino, SY

el guapo 123

El guapo
2014 2016 2018
Hi, you could maybe pick up a credential for your wife whenever you get the opportunity. It is light enough to carry with you. In fact, if I see them for sale at an albergue, I often buy one, as I never know when it might come in handy. If I meet another pilgrim looking for one, I just ask for the price I paid for it, and give it to him/her, otherwise I just use it on my next camino!
Jill
What a nice idea Jill and so in keeping with the spirit of the Camino. I was not aware that credencials were available in the albergues. Will take your advice. Thanks. Paul

jsalt

Jill
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
I was not aware that credencials were available in the albergues.

Hi Paul, I don’t think that many albergues sell them, that’s why I suggest you pick up one when you can. I’ve been doing this since 2013 when my sister needed one in Leon. She had filled up her credential with stamps from every bar we had stopped at :D:rolleyes:
Jill

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

JamesGeier

CF Spring 2016
CF Autumn 2017
VdlP Spring 2021
Along the Camino Frances, I found that most churches that were open and had an attendant had credencials for sale. The challenge was finding a church that was (1) open, and (2) attended.
--jim--

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings