• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial in Vigo

Camino33

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
Hello, I plan to start the Camino in vigo after some last minute changes.

Where can I get a credencial in vigo? Does it qualify as 100 km to Santiago?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Flog is correct that you can get a sello at the municipal office down by the harbor in Vigo.
In case of confusion, It wasn't a sello that Camino33 was enquiring about but a credential. It was the municipal albergue that I suggested trying. The cathedral nearby might be an option too. Sellos can be got just about anywhere.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
In case of confusion, It wasn't a sello that Camino33 was enquiring about but a credential. It was the municipal albergue that I suggested trying. The cathedral nearby might be an option too. Sellos can be got just about anywhere.
You're right Flog, my goof. I deleted my post. I have no idea where to get a credential booklet in Vigo but your suggestion of the municipal albergue sounds good.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello, I plan to start the Camino in vigo after some last minute changes.

Where can I get a credencial in vigo? Does it qualify as 100 km to Santiago?
I got my credencial at Santiago de Vigo church. The priest was very nice!

The tourism office say that they may also give it at the church of Maria auxiliadora but when I went there was a mass and I didn't see any sign of credencials.

There is no need to start in Baiona or Nigran. A first stamp from Vigo will be just fine.
Alot of pilgrims like to start in Baiona (or further down the coast in A Guarda) as it's such a beautiful place same with Nigran next to Playa America where you can chill out go for a swim before the bustle of Vigo!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Alot of pilgrims like to start in Baiona (or further down the coast in A Guarda) as it's such a beautiful place same with Nigran next to Playa America where you can chill out go for a swim before the bustle of Vigo!
True indeed, it's a lovely stretch of coast, but you quoted a different reason to start before Vigo earlier:

Vigo is officially 100 km so yes although most start in Baiona or Nigrán to be sure.
This seems to imply that there may be doubt about Vigo being a valid starting point, which was the OP's question. I don't think it's helpful to sow doubt in the minds of others who arrive into Vigo to begin their camino, and who might second guess their decision to begin walking from there.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi We are on the Camino and wanted to warn our fellow travellers to stay away from O MUINO camping/ bungalow Park. They have signs on the road from Mougas saying pilgrim breakfast available...
I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of the Hotels or Pensions may have pilgrim rates that are lower than what you see on booking.com? If this is true how common is this and do you...
Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.