• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial nearly full.

Telboyo

Time of past OR future Camino
I intend to leave the UK the day Before Brexit and walkMarch -April 2019 Camino Frances
I have reached Fromista and my Credencial does not have enough spaces for stamps to reach SDC, where can I get a second credencial?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi!
Usually municipal albergues and tourist information centers in major cities issue credencials. If you are in Fromista, Carrion de Los Condes should be the next city that issues credentials, Oficina del peregrino (Monasterio de San Zoilo). Another location would be Leon and Astorga (both from municipal albergues).

That being said, when you get to Sarria, you can get a stamp that states "Continuacion" on your second credencial and so on, to indicate to the pilgrim's office in SdC that you have been walking for longer than indicated on just one/the most recent credencial.

(Personally, I got a bit addicted to collecting stamps from every place I visited... so I ended up with 3 - 4 credencials... so the "continuacion" helped when SdC pilgrim's office looked at them, did get a few chuckles when they saw all the stamps :D)

Also, you can get a "Carta Peregrina" (midway certificate) from Sahagun (usually the next stop after Carrion de Los Condes), so be sure to check it out if you are interested!

Buen Camino, Peregrino!

That being said, when you get to Sarria, you can get a stamp that states "Continuacion" on your second credencial and so on, to indicate to the pilgrim's office in SdC that you have been walking for longer than indicated on just one/the most recent credencial.
Good to know - I had not known about this! So where in Sarria? And (for those who are not going anywhere near Sarria) do you know if it is possible to get this in other towns as well?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Good to know - I had not known about this! So where in Sarria? And (for those who are not going anywhere near Sarria) do you know if it is possible to get this in other towns as well?

Oh that's a good question! If I recall correctly, it was at Parroquia de Santa Marina, which should be the first church you see when you enter Sarria. There is another, Iglesia del Salvador, further up that has a small pilgrim's office set up inside, I believe they should have the 'continuacion' stamp there as well.

I would assume this is to indicate that the person only needs one sello per day as they have been walking way before Sarria. Instead of the two sellos per day rule for those starting from the 100km zone/Sarria.

Feel free to correct me if this information is incorrect! :D

Hmm. I'm not 100% sure if there are other places outside of Sarria that has the 'continuacion' sello. This might be a question for the vets that have multiple Caminos and routes under their belt... Sorry!!

Even without the 'continuacion' stamp, I'm sure the pilgrim's office can figure out that all the credencials link together by checking the dates on each stamp.
I got surprise attacked by the lady in Santa Marina: She asked if I had more than one credencial, I said "Yes", she asked if she could see them, I handed them over, then BAAM! she stamped the 'continuacion' on there and said "There, better now!"... Truth be told, I was a bit terrified of that lady afterwards. :D

Last edited:
I would assume this is to indicate that the person only needs one sello per day as they have been walking way before Sarria. Instead of the two sellos per day rule for those starting from the 100km zone/Sarria.

@t2andreo ? What do you know?

As long as there is a chronological sequence from book #1 to book #2, and so on, you will not have a problem at the pilgrim office.

BE CERTAIN to write your personal information on the inside front cover of EVERY credencial you use. It they get lost and are mailed to the Pilgrim Office, there is a chance you will get it back.

Note the part: 1, 2... on the cover of each so you can tell them apart. This way, you will keep your sellos in date order.

If you should lose your credential get another and start it immediately.

You might also take a photo of the inside front cover of your credential, and the pages of sellos. If you do this periodically (like once or twice weekly) and then lose your credencial, you have a photographic duplicate. This will help the staff at the Pilgrim Office prove your claim to having walked the requisite distance for the Compostela.

Hope this helps.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Hmm. I'm not 100% sure if there are other places outside of Sarria that has the 'continuacion' sello. This might be a question for the vets that have multiple Caminos and routes under their belt... Sorry!!

Technically, two sellos per day are still required from Sarria to SdC no matter where you start. Enforcement is loose for those who clearly started long before Sarria.

I've never heard of this Continuacion stamp before. I've simply handed over both Credentials to the volunteers at the pilgrim office.

You can also go to a shop, buy a nice piece of paper and glue it to your existing credential and, voilá, more space for stamps.

As long as there is a chronological progression from credencial 1...2...3 etc, when reviewed in order, and the stamps make logical sense, there will not be a problem.

For folks using several separate credencials, I recommend clearly numbering each booklet 1, 2, 3...etc. (OR A, B, C...) so you only use the current one. This prevents the sellos from getting all higgly piggly and out of order.

Hope this helps.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
On your last credential leave some space because not only do you need 2 Shelli’s per day but there’s a lot of fun ones if you enjoy collecting stamps. At some point during last couple days I had to only get two to save the spot.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back