• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial on Via de la Plata

jmwlester

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 Camino Frances
2014 Jesus Trail
2016 Via Francigena (Italy)
2017 Camino Portugese
Arrive to Madrid on May 29 and then travel to Merida to begin the VDP. Can I get my credential in Merida or do I have to get it in Madrid?
Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Arrive to Madrid on May 29 and then travel to Merida to begin the VDP. Can I get my credential in Merida or do I have to get it in Madrid?
Buen Camino

Looks like you can buy a 3€ credential at this albergue in Merida:
https://www.gronze.com/extremadura/badajoz/merida/albergue-peregrinos-molino-pancaliente

I usually take my old one then get a new one as needed. e.g. my current credential is from Asturia (Primitivo) but is acceptable on any camino. I used my CF credential on the camino Salvador and first part of the Primitivo last year.

Buen Camino
You can buy a passport and have it mailed to your house before you leave. Ivar sells them at the Camino Forum store, or Confraternity of St James or American Pilgrims on the Camino, or one of the many other Pilgrim associations. Then you know you will have it with you. One less worry.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My husband and I started from Merida in Sept 2016. We loved every step of the Way! I had to end in Salamanca with 2 broken bones in my foot. My husband took a bus to Ourense ,then walked to Santiago .I stayed in Salamanca a few days then took a bus to Santiago to meet him and hobble the last kilometer in together. We plan to do the coastal route Portugese this fall. Buen Camino!

Buen Camino

We ordered our credentials online through this website as we wanted to start walking the day we arrived. We had seen Seville on another trip. We got our first stamp from the coach company and headed off.... So easy.

I'm going to be walking the via de la plata in October / November. I just noticed that my credencial has only 6 and 1/2 pages for sellos - is that enough or should I take more than one credencial? Or - when mine is full, is it possible to pick up a new one on the way?

Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm going to be walking the via de la plata in October / November. I just noticed that my credencial has only 6 and 1/2 pages for sellos - is that enough or should I take more than one credencial? Or - when mine is full, is it possible to pick up a new one on the way?
@Vince1958
I took two credencials with me on my VdlP last October/November and filled one, almost filled the second. I got both of them at Hotel Simon in Seville, where I stayed for two nights before beginning my camino. Then I took one to the nearby cathedral and got it stamped to mark the beginning of my camino. I would not want to trust that I would be able to find one wherever I happened to fill mine. You could purchase one by mail from this forum or from your local pilgrim association, or get one In Seville from locations mentioned on the website of the Amigos de la camino de Santiago en Sevilla at www.viaplata.org . You can translate the website using google chrome then click on Attention to the pilgrim to find information about getting a credencial. As you need two sellos a day in your credencial for the last 100 km, it can fill up rapidly towards the end of your camino. Buen camino.

I know in the Zamora municipal albergue you can get a credential for 2E. That would be just over half way from Seville to SdC. (At least that was the case in Sept 2017). Buen Camino!

@Vince1958
I took two credencials with me on my VdlP last October/November and filled one, almost filled the second. I got both of them at Hotel Simon in Seville, where I stayed for two nights before beginning my camino. Then I took one to the nearby cathedral and got it stamped to mark the beginning of my camino. I would not want to trust that I would be able to find one wherever I happened to fill mine. You could purchase one by mail from this forum or from your local pilgrim association, or get one In Seville from locations mentioned on the website of the Amigos de la camino de Santiago en Sevilla at www.viaplata.org . You can translate the website using google chrome then click on Attention to the pilgrim to find information about getting a credencial. As you need two sellos a day in your credencial for the last 100 km, it can fill up rapidly towards the end of your camino. Buen camino.

Great advice - many thanks!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back