• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial

markros73

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2006, V dl P 2007,09 Camino d Norte 2004, Camino Mozarabe 2016, Camino de Madrid 2017
Is it possible to order the credencial for Gudbranddalseden Way and have it sent to USA?
Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was offered this before I walked the S:t Olavsleden by the Oslo Pilgrim Centre, but didn't take them up on that, and collected a passport when I started. I have done that both times I have walked one of the St Olav's Way pilgrimage routes. See https://pilegrimsleden.no/en/about/pilegrimspasset-og-olavsbrevet for places that can issue the passport. Contact the pilgrims centre in Olso or the National Pilgrim Centre in Trondheim. They may help.

As Dougfitz already said, easy enough to pick one up in one of the pilgrim centres. But you can also get one in Ivar's forum store.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi dougfiz,
I wondered is there is a minimum distance you have to walk to obtain the certificate at Nidaros ??

I wondered is there is a minimum distance you have to walk to obtain the certificate at Nidaros ??

The same rule as the camino to Santiago: to qualify for the 'Olav Letter' you must have walked the last 100 kilometers to Nidaros (Trondheim).

Last edited:
The same rule as the camino to Santiago: to qualify for the 'Olav Letter' you must have walked the last 100 kilometers into Nidaros (Trondheim).
Hi purky,
Thank you for the info!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Is it possible to order the credencial for Gudbranddalseden Way and have it sent to USA?
Thanks
You can get one quite easily via Ivar's forum or when you get to Oslo. I walked this way in 2008 and carried a tent. In my experience there were very few places to have the credencial stamped (only 2 in fact) and we walked all the way from Oslo to Trondheim. We met only 1 other pilgrim during the walk and 4 at the end in Trondheim so expect a solitary walk. We were able to receive our certificates without the "proof" of a credential. they proabbaly just looked at our dishevelled state. a month of walking with very few showers.
Ann

In 2012 I found places to have my passport stamped pretty much every day on the Gudbrandsdalen. Many of these were places where I stayed, but there were others. This year on the S:t Olavsleden, there was no problem finding places to stamp. After someone who didn't have a stamp offered to do a drawing in my passport, I collected three more drawings and a total of 53 entries in my passport from the S:t Olavsleden.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back