• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencial

Espee84

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2018
VdlP 2019
2020 Hatching plans
Hi
I’ve heard all albergues on the Norte are closed. Anyone know where I can buy a credencial? (Was hoping to pop into the albergue in Irún).
Thank you 😊

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi
I’ve heard all albergues on the Norte are closed. Anyone know where I can buy a credencial? (Was hoping to pop into the albergue in Irún).
Thank you 😊

Here is my thread from last year https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...art-of-your-norte-fron-irun.60984/post-736447

the tourist office probably if open Or if you have time you can order from casa Ivar the forum store. There is a current thread on here that lists open albergues juist use the search function and Also some thread with some pilgrims live from the Norte. There is also a camping thread
hope this helps 😃 Buen Camino

If you have time before you go you can get a credencial from this web site by clicking on the ‘Camino Passport’ tab at the top. They normally get to UK within a week as a guide to timings.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you have time before you go you can get a credencial from this web site by clicking on the ‘Camino Passport’ tab at the top. They normally get to UK within a week as a guide to timings.

Hi
Thank you 😊

I would recommend buying one from Ivar. He is very quick.

If that doesn’t suit and you can’t find another option in which you’re confident (and assuming you’re in the UK) make contact with me by PM and I’ll post one to you. I pick up a few whenever I get to Santiago. Just drop a fiver in the next mountain rescue collection you come across.

I would recommend buying one from Ivar. He is very quick.

If that doesn’t suit and you can’t find another option in which you’re confident (and assuming you’re in the UK) make contact with me by PM and I’ll post one to you. I pick up a few whenever I get to Santiago. Just drop a fiver in the next mountain rescue collection you come across.

Thanks - that’s really kind. I don’t have enough time to get one in the UK before I leave. I will try the tourist office; otherwise I have a few spaces left in the one I used on the VdlP last year.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks. I have everything booked. This won’t be a camino ‘verdadero’. Just being sensible and realistic this time. And yes - decided to go despite the quarantine on return 😬

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Man! So sorry to hear people are having a tough time. I think maybe I won’t read any more. This will inevitably be a different experience.

I could write so much here, but too much to type on a phone.
I will only be walking a few stages and the way I have planned this trip is so different to my last two caminos (it would probably be frowned on by the ‘purists‘ here) but I decided if it were to be possible at all I would have to do things differently, I would have to weigh up the risks and mitigate some of them - hence planning stops and accommodation in advance. Even 3 weeks ago there were barely any beds left on Booking.com.
I will get on the plane. It will be a different experience. And maybe I won’t call this a camino. But better than sitting on a beach or wondering around a city for a week or so.

Man! So sorry to hear people are having a tough time. I think maybe I won’t read any more. This will inevitably be a different experience.

I could write so much here, but too much to type on a phone.
I will only be walking a few stages and the way I have planned this trip is so different to my last two caminos (it would probably be frowned on by the ‘purists‘ here) but I decided if it were to be possible at all I would have to do things differently, I would have to weigh up the risks and mitigate some of them - hence planning stops and accommodation in advance. Even 3 weeks ago there were barely any beds left on Booking.com.
I will get on the plane. It will be a different experience. And maybe I won’t call this a camino. But better than sitting on a beach or wondering around a city for a week or so.

Keep us updated please. ‘On the ground’ reports make a change from the stream of speculation - and don’t let the purists get to you; some are armchair peregrinos.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just wanted to let you know I’m walking it right now and it is not as difficult as reading some of these posts would have you believe. A little expensive, yes, but there are ways to reduce costs. I got my credential from the main church in Irun. The tourism office didn’t have them. The church is called Santa Maria del Juncal.

you can do it. Buen camino!

Just wanted to let you know I’m walking it right now and it is not as difficult as reading some of these posts would have you believe. [...]

you can do it. Buen camino!
@purity, it's good to hear feedback from someone who is walking in Spain right now. Thank you and Buen Camino!

However, maybe you did not understand the message just above your post. It says: FCO is advising against non essential travel to Spain. FCO is the abbreviation for Foreign and Commonwealth Office. In other words, it's the current official advice from the British government for their citizens to NOT travel to Spain right now (the only exception are the Balearic islands and the Canary islands).

I would hesitate to publicly advise any of them to "do it" against such official government advice.

@Espee84, it's a bummer and I sympathise.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.