• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencials available, Bayonne Cathedral

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Voie de Paris / Tours Aulnay to Saintes 2017
Camino del Baztan 2018
I've just read on Camino Baztan Facebook page that the staff at the cathedral are now issuing credencials again. The new season has started.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
It is usually from the vestry on the right side of the altar area, so sometimes it takes a little patience to find some one to issue one to you.

You are correct biarritzdon Last year, mid September, we arrived at the cathedral around 18.00. There was a table and chairs and a sign, this was presumably where pilgrims could pick up credencials. However the people staffing that point had gone home. Luckily I spotted a man moving furniture around so I called out to him "monsieur, monsieur" and asked where we could get our credencials. He took us to the sacristry (vestry) and issued them there. He also showed us the statue of St. Jacques in the vestry.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Soon one refuge of pilgrims will open at Bayonne and you could take your credencial there when the cathedral will close
Hooray for that!
Lots of pilgrims on a strict budget arrive in Bayonne after the last train to St Jean. Their only options to get to St Jean, are to get a taxi or go with Express Bouricott. Both, while efficient, can be an expensive option.
Regards
Gerard

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Bokorman recently wrote about his Winter Camino on the Baztan route. He mentioned that at the time he walked (Winter) credencials were no longer issued at the cathedral in Bayonne . He was however able to get his at the tourist office.

This was why I thought I'd update and let pilgrims know. The new season has begun and the cathedral people are again issuing credencials.

Bokorman recently wrote about his Winter Camino on the Baztan route. He mentioned that at the time he walked (Winter) credencials were no longer issued at the cathedral in Bayonne . He was however able to get his at the tourist office.

This was why I thought I'd update and let pilgrims know. The new season has begun and the cathedral people are again issuing credencials.
Thank you for this:) The powers that be have conspired - so setting out on the Baztan again this Friday. Have an Old/Partly used credential as back up, but might try and get a new one - I like my «credentials» organised 😂

Unlike my January Baztan - I am now walking with a friend, different stages - Jan there were less places open. Now it’s Easter - open, a lot booked out.

And... Nope - that Winter Baztan was not done by a «he» - it was done by a «she»; an unfit, overweight «she». It was hard, joyous - gorgeous, and not once did I feel uncomfortable. Female, solo... Male, solo... With friends - Whatever -it just really is a most beautiful walk- what doctors should prescribe,

Happy trails, season blessings etc mt :)

My sincere apologies!!! @ bokormen91
I am full of admiration.
Enjoy your next Baztan trip. Do remember to report back, all of us Baztan fans just love to re-live that walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back