• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credencials obtainable in Lourdes?

Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018, (2019)
I’m posting here because I don’t know where else to do it. Hopefully, the moderator will relocate it, if necessary.

Does anyone know if there’s somewhere I can pick-up a credencial in Lourdes? I fly into Toulose (?sp) early next week and will then take a train to Lourdes. Merci beaucoup!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I’m posting here because I don’t know where else to do it. Hopefully, the moderator will relocate it, if necessary.

Does anyone know if there’s somewhere I can pick-up a credencial in Lourdes? I fly into Toulose (?sp) early next week and will then take a train to Lourdes. Merci beaucoup!

No problem just go to information office just inside the main gate near grotto

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can get your credencial either from the central Lourdes Pilgrims office near the grotto, or from the Compostela Pilgrims Office in town, at 16 boulevard de la Grotte.

Lourdes is on the Piémont Way, not the Arles, as I see you were wondering ... ;)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Hey Jeff,

How was your departure from Lourdes? Did you manage to obtain a credential?
I will be leaving from Lourdes in 2.5 weeks and would be glad to know if the information is correct.

Thanks

I’ve only just seen your question (assuming I am Jeff), so apologies for the slow response. I got my credencial at the Compostela pilgrim office mentioned by JabbaPapa above. I didn’t ask whether you could get them at the pilgrim office inside the Sanctuary grounds, but they did have a sello/stamp for me, and so may well offer credencials too.

The St Jacques de Compostela office issues route and accommodation detail for pilgrims taking the SJPdP and Col du Somport routes, plus they were very generous to me with their time and tea/coffee supplies.
Bon Chemin/Buen Camino!
James

I’ve only just seen your question (assuming I am Jeff), so apologies for the slow response. I got my credencial at the Compostela pilgrim office mentioned by JabbaPapa above. I didn’t ask whether you could get them at the pilgrim office inside the Sanctuary grounds, but they did have a sello/stamp for me, and so may well offer credencials too.

The St Jacques de Compostela office issues route and accommodation detail for pilgrims taking the SJPdP and Col du Somport routes, plus they were very generous to me with their time and tea/coffee supplies.
Bon Chemin/Buen Camino!
James
Thanks James. Sorry for mixing up you first and last name, I'm a-bit dyslectic. Buen Camino my friend.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back