• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credential — dual pilgrimage

Lisi

Camino Frances Sept/Oct 2021
Time of past OR future Camino
Nil
I bought the dual pilgrimage credentials for my originally plan to walk both in Japan and Spain last year, and then the world changed…

Questions:
Can I use a mix of this one and the holy year credential to get my completion certificate at SdC?
This credential has 40 squares for stamps if I go on a stamp collection spree, and have more than one credential booklets is it ok?EE3C716B-EA6A-45DC-9BA0-D9EC972B39B8.jpeg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Credencial models useable for Compostela purposes must have been approved by the Cathedral, which the top one in that image looks like it may have been. But if you're planning on getting a second one locally, or otherwise obtaining an "official" Spanish one, you'll be fine.

Well you can add plain paper to extend an accredited credencial so I can’t see that being an issue. Even on a short ten-day section of a Camino I set out with a couple of blank credentials and have never struggled to fill them.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Can I use a mix of this one and the holy year credential to get my completion certificate at SdC?
I think you ought to clarify first what you understand by "completion certificate" in SdC. You no doubt know that you get your
  • Way of St James Completion Stamp at the Pilgrims Office near the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela.
  • Kumano Kodo Completion Stamp at a stand next to the Amulet Office of the Kumano Hongu Taisha Grand Shrine.
  • Dual Pilgrim Completion Stamp in Santiago at the Tourist Office (Turismo de Santiago Information Center)
As @JabbaPapa pointed out, the fifth logo printed on the credential in your photo is the logo of the Cathedral of Santiago which indicates that this credential is recognised by them as a valid document to prove that you have walked the last 100 km to Santiago. To get your Way of St James Completion Stamp at the Pilgrims Office, you can use any mix of credentials recognised by the Cathedral of Santiago, hence both types of credentials that you have.

Together with your Way of St James Completion Stamp you can can also obtain a certificate called Compostela.

Last edited:
The comments above about only using a Cathedral approved credential are valid. You can print out a blank, lined add-in page for any credential here:

Go to post #31.

This said, the blank pages must be affixed to an authorized version of the credential. You can see an example of the "official" version of the credential here:

These are available widely in Spain. Also, major pilgrim organizations across the world all have authorized credentials. You can get one of these from your national Friends of the Camino group.

They are also available from Ivar's store here. Or, you can obtain one at your starting place. Most tourist information offices, churches, cathedrals, etc. will sell them for about €2.00.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Last edited:
I used that Dual Pilgrim passport to walk the Kumano Kodo in 2018 (taking along my 2 credencials which I’d used walking the Frances over 2 years so as to get my DP certificate).
Later in 2018 I walked some of the Portuguese Camino and used the DP credencial.
It was fine. In fact some people in albergues had never seen one like it, but I had no issues in claiming a compostela with it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Having received the Dual Pilgrimage pin (and certificate) in Japan in October 2019 I can tell you what we did. We took a credencial from one of our caminos in Spain with us and used the credencial you have shown in the original post for our walk on the Kumano Kodo. We also took with us a compostela but actually I think our credencial would have been sufficient. I did observe a couple of New Zealanders showing their "proof" on a phone so that may be another option. having 2 seperate credencials means that you can see both at once or seperately, and if you want to frame them that is possibel too, rather than only being able to display the one side.

Credencial models useable for Compostela purposes must have been approved by the Cathedral, which the top one in that image looks like it may have been. But if you're planning on getting a second one locally, or otherwise obtaining an "official" Spanish one, you'll be fine.
thanks for information

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.