• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credential for San Salvador. Can anyone help?

MarieLauFlorin

Time of past OR future Camino
See list below
I am looking for the special Camino San Salvador pilgrim pass/credential. I think the place to get it is at the benetictine Albergue de las Carbajalas.

If some kind pilgrim passing by or person living in León has the time to send me two of these pilgrim passes with Correos, I will be SO thankful! I will off course pay for everything... Please let me know if you can help...

PS I know that the officiel credential is fine for this route as well...
Hopeful regards Marie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
FWIW when I walked the Salvador a few years' back they were out of stock at the albergue Convento Carbajalas where I was staying. They sent me to the nearby de facto municipal, the San Francisco Asisi, where I picked up the official credencial and a photocopy of the Amigos' guide. So I wouldn't worry too much if you can't get it ahead of your trip.
Just found this posted on Gronze last year (translated by Google):
The normal credential perfectly serves this way, if you want to get the Salvador you can buy it in León at the Carbajalas hostel, at the Unamuno, at the check in León, at the San Francisco hostel, at any Carbajal bar, in the albergue of La Robla, Poladura, Pajares and Pola de Lena, in the tourist offices of La Robla and Pola de Gordón and in the headquarters of the association of Camino de Santiago in León.

I walked the San Salvador in May this year and according to the albergue where we stayed, the special credential is available at all albergues in Leòn

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am looking for the special Camino San Salvador pilgrim pass/credential. I think the place to get it is at the benetictine Albergue de las Carbajalas.

If some kind pilgrim passing by or person living in León has the time to send me two of these pilgrim passes with Correos, I will be SO thankful! I will off course pay for everything... Please let me know if you can help...

PS I know that the officiel credential is fine for this route as well...
Hopeful regards Marie
Will you not be in Leon before you start the Salvador?

Hi Marie - as far as I know they should be available at a number of locations in Léon and early en-route- Carbajal de la Legua , tourist offices, some cafes, albergues. It shouldn't be a problem to get them.
You could write here, or telephone or e-mail and ask them to send you the credentials-
De Piregrinos San Francisco do Asis en Léon,
Aula. Alcade Miguel Castano 4
+34 987 215 060
gestion@alberguescapuchinos.org Or contact by WhatsApp +34 637 439 848
Buen Camino
Keith

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Will you not be in Leon before you start the Salvador?
I need the credential for photographing and then later fir walking. Actually for photographing when I think about it I might just loan one. That must be easier! I don’t know What I did not get that idea🤣For walking from León I think we will arrive too late to stay at the albergue. We will arrive not from Francés but directly from home.

Hi Marie - as far as I know they should be available at a number of locations in Léon and early en-route- Carbajal de la Legua , tourist offices, some cafes, albergues. It shouldn't be a problem to get them.
You could write here, or telephone or e-mail and ask them to send you the credentials-
De Piregrinos San Francisco do Asis en Léon,
Aula. Alcade Miguel Castano 4
+34 987 215 060
gestion@alberguescapuchinos.org Or contact by WhatsApp +34 637 439 848
Buen Camino
Keith
Thank you so much! I will write there. I have already written to the other albergue. If they don’t get back to me I will try this in stead. Thanks a lot!

The Albergue - San Francisco do Assis en Léon is a great place to stay before setting off too. Its close to the railway station and start of the Camino San Salvador, and the city centre. Very clean and confortable, with a good pilgrim breakfast at 3€. You can book in advance too. I was there last Sep. and will be doing the San Salvador again, with a friend this time, starting Sep 11-12th. Then going on to the Primitivo at Oviedo. Its a wonderful Camino, wild and rugid. Enjoy.
LLN Keith

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back