Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credential in Ponferrada

mumcompost

After last year's Camino Primitivo, my wife and I want to walk the Camino Invierno in June. We will arrive late in Ponferrada on Friday 3 June. Can you tell me if it is possible and where I can get a credential on Saturday mornings ?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
After last year's Camino Primitivo, my wife and I want to walk the Camino Invierno in June. We will arrive late in Ponferrada on Friday 3 June. Can you tell me if it is possible and where I can get a credential on Saturday mornings ?
We are planning to do the CF to Invierno to Sanabres beginning in March and we purchased our creds from Ivar.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Also, if you live in the USA, I believe you can get free credentials by registering your trip with American Pilgrims on the Camino.

Should you arrive in Ponferrada without your credencial, these are obtainable at the Albergue

www.sannicolasdeflue.com

Bon Camino !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

This may appear sacrosanct and I know despite liking my technology I would never get one of these but....

and I don't believe I've seen it here on the forum yet....you can now get a digital credential in the form of an App (Google / Android) where it appears you scan a QR code at the establishment you are visiting and that is the equivalent to a stamp

Can open worms everywhere

I don't believe I would ever go for this option but for those that are interested or for anybody that gets stuck without being able to get a paper one.

I certainly have nothing against modern technology ... on the contrary, I use it every day.
However, I cherish my credentials from the past and can't imagine not continuing the tradition with the classic stamp. I wish everyone a nice Sunday

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I certainly have nothing against modern technology ... on the contrary, I use it every day.
However, I cherish my credentials from the past and can't imagine not continuing the tradition with the classic stamp. I wish everyone a nice Sunday
I agree and would not travel without a paper passport and could never see myself using the digital one

Please see links below as to where you can obtain one

Apparently at a credencial should be available at the Albergue de Peregrinos San Nicolas.

If your home country is listed below outside Spain there are a number of organisations who issue the Credencial.

• In the UK you can obtain it from the Confraternity of Saint James.
  • In the USA contact the American Pilgrims of the Camino.
  • In Ireland the Irish Society of the Friends of St James.
  • In Canada the Little Company of Pilgrims.
  • In South Africa the Congraternity of St James of South Africa.
And it's also available from Ivar who runs this great site

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back