• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credential in San Sebastian

kwinkelm

Time of past OR future Camino
Good evening,

I arrived in Madrid last night and I plan to travel to San Sebastian by train tomorrow.

I would like to obtain a credential for stamping in San Sebastian.

Unfortunately, the threads which I read on this site were not from this year regarding locations to obtain the credential.

Could you please inform me of a location in San Sebastian to obtain a credential? It would be preferably a hostel.

Thank you so much for your assistance!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would suggest the cathedral, it is central and easy to find. I did the same thing once when I arrived in Bilbao.

Thank you. I found this place which seems to be adjacent to your suggestion. It opens at 9:30AM during Monday. I was hoping to receive the credential before that time. I will check out the cathedral though tomorrow after arriving by train.

LIBRERÍA DIOCESANA IDATZ
Calle Urdaneta, 10
20006 SAN SEBASTIÁN
Guipúzcoa

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
kwinkelm,
November 1, All Saints' Day, is a holiday observed in Spain (Día de todos los Santos). Most businesses and services, but not all, will be closed on this day.
Thus the Libreria Diocesana which you cite may also be closed. Be prepared.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, it was actually difficult finding places to give us a sello/stamp prior to Bilbao on our recent Camino Norte walk! Unlike on the CF, it was more of an afterthought and not required for albergue stays (especially off-season).

Definitely check at the Cathedrals in San Sebastián and Bilbao, but don’t be surprised if the church offices or gift shops are closed due to the holiday or simply because Spain keeps very odd hours.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We got ours a couple of weeks ago at the same place (Pilgrim Office) where you go at the end of your trek to get the compostela. We were told to go to window #6 and got them with no waiting. 1.5 euros each.

We got ours a couple of weeks ago at the same place (Pilgrim Office) where you go at the end of your trek to get the compostela. We were told to go to window #6 and got them with no waiting. 1.5 euros each.
But that's in Santiago, not San Sebastián!

Oops....hey, it's early morning right now in California and I'm stll getting up at a jet-lagged 3 AM!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good evening,

I arrived in Madrid last night and I plan to travel to San Sebastian by train tomorrow.

I would like to obtain a credential for stamping in San Sebastian.

Unfortunately, the threads which I read on this site were not from this year regarding locations to obtain the credential.

Could you please inform me of a location in San Sebastian to obtain a credential? It would be preferably a hostel.

Thank you so much for your assistance

Got mine in irun at police headquarters office. Better than San Sebastián since you’ll get to walk the most beautiful part of Camino.

I obtained the credential in San Sebastian and I am now in Irun to start El Camino tomorrow. I wasn't able to find a church open today to obtain a stamp for Irun. I suppose a police office may have one? I am eager to start tomorrow morning. Thank you for all of your posts.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I obtained the credential in San Sebastian and I am now in Irun to start El Camino tomorrow. I wasn't able to find a church open today to obtain a stamp for Irun. I suppose a police office may have one? I am eager to start tomorrow morning. Thank you for all of your posts.
Where are you staying in Irun? You can get a stamp there, or at many businesses.

The police headquarters are very nice and they have the stamp

The police headquarters are very nice and they have the stamp
Yes, but were your accommodations there comfortable? 😜. (And I hope they didn’t have double bunks since one overly long thread on that topic is more than enough…..)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I slept the first night of the camino in bar pension restaurant Bidasoa. I ate well and slept well. And certainly not expensive. Later I saw that this hotel didn't have such a great review. But maybe I had prepared myself for the fact that I became a pilgrim and didn't have to set the demands so high. Location is perfect, near the station and the camino starts near the guesthouse

There is an albergue right across from the beginning of the trail that will give you a credential and first stamp. Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.