• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

credential in Santader

meridok

Hello everyone, I'm finishing all my preparations for my first Camino and am planning to start in Santander. The question is - does anyone know where you can obtain a Credential in Santander? Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello

I am also planning to start in Satander in the Fall. Rather than looking for my credential in Satander I obtained one in advance from the national asociation in Canada where I am from. It just seems to make sense as it is one less thing to sort out my first day in Spain.

John

I am sure you will be able to pick one up in the albergue - Albergue Santos Martires. It is easy to find as it is close to the Cathedral.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Meridok
]
you will be able to pick one up in the albergue - Albergue Santos Martires

Thank you Sil for your reliable and helpful comments: We got our credential (and more) from the Santander albergue:

Rather than looking for my credential in Satander I obtained one in advance from the national asociation in Canada where I am from. It just seems to make sense as it is one less thing to sort out my first day in Spain
John,
We switched off our motors, which was overheating due to the stress in life, and on impulse dropped into the first albergue, this happened to be the one in Santander to start our Camino. It was one of the wisest things we could have done:
a) we met one of the friendliest hospitalero, with a thousand kilometer smile, who for a Euro each, helped us (because of our language deficiencies) supplied as well as fill in our credential.

b) he gave us a free glossy brochure (in Spanish), seen on the table, of the section from Leon to Sarria, there were others for sale
c) there were maps, a message board with messages from other pilgrims, photos, and other Camino related stuff pinned on the walls.

It was a wonderful welcome to the start of our Camino, we would have missed the spirit of the Camino if we had planned our Walk to the nth degree. We would have missed seeing some of the most typical Spanish streets, and the beautiful Shell marking the route as shown.

We would have missed even more the friendly people on the streets who eagerly gave us direction to the albergue, perhaps as they could see we were not Spanish. Why no backpack? In the albergue as hunting for food.

Kwaheri

Attachments

• Santander Credential (600 x 449).jpg
    Santander Credential (600 x 449).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,276
  • Santander welcome! (600 x 449).jpg
    Santander welcome! (600 x 449).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,275
  • Santander camino mark (600 x 449).jpg
    Santander camino mark (600 x 449).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,271
Hi

Afer reading this I am very much looking forward to starting in September. I hadn't thought I was planning to the nth degree as I have no plans or arrangements made between when I arrive in Santander and when I leave from Santiago about a month later but I haven't done a lot of travelling and am a bit nervous so it seemed to make sense to me to get my credential before I left and have one less thing to sort out my first day in a foreign country where I speak little of the language.

That's actually why I joined this forum to learn about travelling the camino and to hear of other's experiences and anticipate my own.Everything I hear about the hospitality and friendliness of the Spanish people increases my anticipation.

John

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.