• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Credential procurement on the Platta.

Chriswalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2005), Platta (partial 2013)
Greetings! My husband and I are flying into Madrid (staying the night in order to mail suitcases ahead) then taking the train to Zamora to begin the Platta from there. Question: Where can we get a credential in Madrid...or Zamora if our timing is off in Madrid? Alternately, is there any objection to making your own? Would it be accepted at Pilrim Albergues? Thanks in advance and Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I would buy it from Ivar but we are in Morocco with no way to receive mail. We leave for Madrid on May 9th. We may start with homemade until we find something official. We already have Compostellas from a previous Camino in 2013. Although I would love another, it's not crucial. Thanks for the reply!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I would buy it from Ivar but we are in Morocco with no way to receive mail. We leave for Madrid on May 9th. We may start with homemade until we find something official. We already have Compostellas from a previous Camino in 2013. Although I would love another, it's not crucial. Thanks for the reply!
You can get one in Madrid at the church of Santiago and st. John. Or at the amigos meeting
Which is close to the
Puerta del sol.

Might be a bit late to post. I got mine in Salamanca. Lots of people start at zamora so I think you can get them there. Ask at the municipal albergue

Back