• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credential Stamps outside of Spain?

vagabondette

The thread about getting a stamp from Guinness in Dublin got me thinking about other places off the traditional camino route that might have stamps. After my camino I'll be visiting Portugal, Morocco, Italy, Turkey, Switzerland, Scotland and England and I'm wondering if people know of places to get stamps on my camino passport in any of those countries (I know of the places in Portugal as a camino route runs through there)? It'd be fun to kind of have my camino continue throughout my trip by collecting stamps from other places along the way.

Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Certainly all along the Le Puy route through France, in every town maire (town hall), lodging, and many churches one can get a credencial stamp.

When I took a group of walkers on the Coast to Coast in the UK in 2001, I had a 'credencial' made for them to have stamped at each overnight stop.
Add a few pages to your credencial and have it stamped at tourist offices, churches, monasteries, hotels etc.
It makes a lovely momento of the places you stayed in.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes - most restaurants, bars, libraries, tourism offices, churches etc have stamps. On the Via Francigena there are very few dedicated pilgrim hostels but I still managed to fill a credencial with pretty stamps!

where & how can I the pilgrim's card before coming to the camino. intending to start on mid May 2012. are there places to get the pilgrims card on the way ? is it possible to get it by internet. what are the minimum walking distance to folfill the camino santiago de compostella demands ? Rafi

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You can get one from Peterborough Pilgrims - based in the UK.
You can order one from Mundicamino.com
You can get one from your local Confraternity of St James if you become a member.
You can get one at the Pilgrim's Office in St Jean, at Roncesvalles, at the Pilgrim's albergue in Pamplona.
You need to have a stamp in your credencial from the places where you sleep in order to get a bed in the next albergue. You need to have two stamps per day on the last 100km in order to qualify for a Compostela.

Some churchgoing pilgrims have their credencial's first stamp from their parish (I have even seen bishops' seals used). I met a South African pilgrim who had his credencial stamped by the Spanish consulate which gave him his visa.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.