• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credentials, Compostelas, Journals and Photographs

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
The sellos on my Credentials are to me a very personal art form. I find it impossible to look at them without evoking strong memories and feelings. My Compostelas remind me of the joy I experience when entering the Pilgrim's office and sharing the love there. With my journal and my photographs I can relive the pleasure and pain, the people and the places. These all remind me the vital place the Camino has had and continues to have in a greater journey in life.
The picture in my mind of the tomb and of the peace found praying in front of it needs no such physical reminder but that does not detract from the function the others play in my life.
People travel the Camino for many reasons, from many places and in many ways. They often find something new in themselves and about themselves whether starting with a sense of religion, spirituality or otherwise. I hope that all who travel gain as much or even more than I from their own experiences and that of others. To paraphrase the words of Frank Sinatra "They do it their way". May that way provide.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I feel the same way Al, every sello I received, every face left such an imprint on my everyday. I remember you as if it was yesterday. I remember the faces of those who stepped in front of me to capture a photo of the remains of St. James.

Thank you Al for being part of my everyday.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In three Camino's we have met and walked with so many, a dozen or so have made such huge imprints on me (can't speak for the other half). And if for no other reason, I am very thankful for this world of technology and social media, it has allowed me to keep those people closer to my memories.

The sellos on my Credentials are to me a very personal art form. I find it impossible to look at them without evoking strong memories and feelings. My Compostelas remind me of the joy I experience when entering the Pilgrim's office and sharing the love there. With my journal and my photographs I can relive the pleasure and pain, the people and the places. These all remind me the vital place the Camino has had and continues to have in a greater journey in life.
That pretty much says it all. In the end, the way the Camino experience lingers is in one's mind and memories. Sellos, photos, journal notes, and yes, the Composetla are the doorways by which we re-enter that world from the here and now.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.