• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credentials in Lisbon?

SandyLeone

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 2015
This has probably been asked a bunch of times but I can't seem to find the information about picking up a credential in Lisbon before I start. Anyone know of a source there?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, Sandy,
The cathedral now has them, as well as the Igreja dos Martires, which is near the Chiado metro stop. I got mine years ago at the church (Igreja dos Martires), but the schedule of opening hours is not very exact. So I would recommend the cathedral. Bom caminho, hope your planing is going well, Laurie
Thank you Laurie! I have made a note of it and feel a lot better about getting into Lisbon and getting my credential. What's a pilgrim without a passport after all. I will be trying your Lisbon walk on the 9th and am really looking forward to it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola Sandy,

I went to the Cathedral in October 2013 to get my Credential, but had a little trouble finding anyone to help so rang the Via Lusitana for guidance. They are a fantastic support to Pilgrims and told me to wait around a little longer as someone should have been there (and the Igreja dos Martires Laurie mentioned was closed) They also offered to bring me a credential if no one turned up!

After about 20 minutes I found a lovely gentleman in the Cathedral who sorted it out but it was good to know I had another option just in case.

The Via Lusitana site is here: http://www.vialusitana.org/
And their contact number is (+351) 915 595 213 and they spoke excellent English

I hope your planning is going well, the Way from Lisbon is really great :)

Bom Camhino!
Kat

Hola Sandy,

I went to the Cathedral in October 2013 to get my Credential, but had a little trouble finding anyone to help so rang the Via Lusitana for guidance. They are a fantastic support to Pilgrims and told me to wait around a little longer as someone should have been there (and the Igreja dos Martires Laurie mentioned was closed) They also offered to bring me a credential if no one turned up!

After about 20 minutes I found a lovely gentleman in the Cathedral who sorted it out but it was good to know I had another option just in case.

The Via Lusitana site is here: http://www.vialusitana.org/
And their contact number is (+351) 915 595 213 and they spoke excellent English

I hope your planning is going well, the Way from Lisbon is really great :)

Bom Camhino!
Kat
Thanks Kat! I agree the helpline number is a must and I have included it in my phone numbers. Hopefully I won't need to call it too many times. I hope you had a wonderful Camino. Time for another?

Thanks Kat! I agree the helpline number is a must and I have included it in my phone numbers. Hopefully I won't need to call it too many times. I hope you had a wonderful Camino. Time for another?

I'm sure you'll be fine! I only needed to call them that one time - we (I walk with my Dad) had the Brierly Guide for maps and Laurie's invaluable guide via the CSJ which was fantastic and helped a lot.

And true to form as soon as one Camino ends I'm definitely planning the next, Arles and Aragones in 2017! If you have anymore questions about the Portuguese Way feel free to PM me :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I'm sure you'll be fine! I only needed to call them that one time - we (I walk with my Dad) had the Brierly Guide for maps and Laurie's invaluable guide via the CSJ which was fantastic and helped a lot.

And true to form as soon as one Camino ends I'm definitely planning the next, Arles and Aragones in 2017! If you have anymore questions about the Portuguese Way feel free to PM me :)
Thank you Kat, I'll keep that in mind. I must read up on your new challenge of the A & A. It'll be here before you know it!

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back