• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credentials - Reuse? new?

gnhale

I have decided to start my first Camino adventure in Madrid - I was baptized there and feel that is where I should start. I'm excited about all the information available on this site. I have one question (today): Credentials - where should the first stamp be in Madrid? Does it matter - also because I am not sure whether I will do the whole walk from Madrid to Santiago in one trip, do I need to reuse my credentials or even can I?

Buen Camino- Peace to you, Georgia

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have decided to start my first Camino adventure in Madrid - I was baptized there and feel that is where I should start. I'm excited about all the information available on this site. I have one question (today): Credentials - where should the first stamp be in Madrid? Does it matter - also because I am not sure whether I will do the whole walk from Madrid to Santiago in one trip, do I need to reuse my credentials or even can I?

Hello Georgia,

I always believe your first stamp should be from the place, town, city where you start your walking. So yes in your case in Madrid, then when you return to complete your Camino you can reuse the same credential to complete.

Buen Camino..............Keith

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Hola Georgia

There are no rules about this. It is up to you to decide. Some people get their first stamp from their local church where they live before they leave. As Laurie has said the church of Santiago in Madrid has a very nice stamp. But if it is closed you can get your first stamp at your hostal/hotel or the Tourist office in Madrid or anywhere that has a stamp!

You can reuse your credencial for as many caminos or parts of caminos until you run out of space for stamps - and even then many pilgrims simply attach extra pages themselves.

Buen camino!

John

Hello Georgia,

I always believe your first stamp should be from the place, town, city where you start your walking. So yes in your case in Madrid, then when you return to complete your Camino you can reuse the same credential to complete.

Buen Camino..............Keith

Gracias Keith!

Hola Georgia

There are no rules about this. It is up to you to decide. Some people get their first stamp from their local church where they live before they leave. As Laurie has said the church of Santiago in Madrid has a very nice stamp. But if it is closed you can get your first stamp at your hostal/hotel or the Tourist office in Madrid or anywhere that has a stamp!

You can reuse your credencial for as many caminos or parts of caminos until you run out of space for stamps - and even then many pilgrims simply attach extra pages themselves.

Buen camino!

John
Gracias John :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Hola, Georgia!

When are you starting your CdM? I'll start on 20th June from Madrid. All the way to Muxia & Fisterra with a bit of CF and whole Camino de Invierno on the way to Santiago :)
Ultreia!

Hola, Georgia!

When are you starting your CdM? I'll start on 20th June from Madrid. All the way to Muxia & Fisterra with a bit of CF and whole Camino de Invierno on the way to Santiago :)
Ultreia!
Hola Ultreia,
I'm not able to start until either 2015 or 2016. My daughter is marrying this year in Australia. That is where I will need to travel. I have started training, physically and will be up to 21 miles a week this week! Hope to by this August to be up to 60 per week. Then level off to 45 for over the winter months. Que bien that you are starting this year. :) georgia

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back