• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credentials

Lowtide

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall 2022
I have obtained a pilgrim passport from the Canadian pilgrim group, and have ordered a special one from Ivor. My camino will start in porto in September. My question is do I need to go to the cathedral in porto and do anything or can I just start and collect Stamps?

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have obtained a pilgrim passport from the Canadian pilgrim group, and have ordered a special one from Ivor. My camino will start in porto in September. My question is do I need to go to the cathedral in porto and do anything or can I just start and collect Stamps?
You don't have to get your credential stamped at the cathedral (or any particular place), but it is a nice starting point and stamp.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Where is a good place to get your first stamp in StJPdP ?
At the Pilgrims Office!
They will also give you a single sheet of paper with all the towns, their services and albergues listed. In addition, they will counsel you if there are inclement weather conditions.

Yes, In St Jean the pilgrim Office and if open the Church and most of the accommodation venues have cellos. Cheers

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
At the Pilgrims Office!
They will also give you a single sheet of paper with all the towns, their services and albergues listed. In addition, they will counsel you if there are inclement weather conditions.
Is it possible to get the special Holy Year credential at the Pilgrims Office in SJPdP or do we need to order that online from Ivar ahead of time? Thanks

Is it possible to get the special Holy Year credential at the Pilgrims Office in SJPdP or do we need to order that online from Ivar ahead of time? Thanks
No. The Pilgrims Office in SJPDP issues credentials produced by the French pilgrim association.
The special holy year credential is produced by the cathedral in Santiago. Order it from Ivar if you want one.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
At the Pilgrims Office!
Great question and advice. Thank you. Is there a pilgrim office and/or stamping place in Muxia? This is where we are starting

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.