• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Critique my packing

CaminoLars

Time of past OR future Camino
Future Frances: August & September 2022
Update: Final packing list, 17 pounds w/ 2L water. Leaving tomorrow. Will be breaking up the first day with a stay at Refuge Orrison.

Switched to a 22L north face day pack.

Clothing:
-2 pairs smartwool socks
-1 silk sock liner
- 1 pair quick dry sleeping shorts
- 1 pair quick dry hiking shorts
- 1 pair lightweight hiking pants
- 1 smartwool t-shirt
- 1 athletic material vest to sleep or lounge in
- 1 Patagonia capilene hoody
- 1 long sleeve safari shirt
- 2 pairs ex officio underwear
- quick dry hat with sun "cape"
- buff
- 1 poncho

Gear:
- 1 petal headlamp w/ red light function
- euro plug adapter
- 2L bladder with mouthpiece
- microfiber towel
- sleep sack
- ear plugs and sleep mask
- La Sportiva trail runners
- Z2 chacos

Personal
- Medicine: Tylenol, Motrin, Imodium, Zofran, Meclizine, benedryl, Zyrtec, cough drops
- Blister: Compeed, Lambs wool, vasiline, moleskin, needle & thread
- First aid: bandaids, a few gauze dressings, tape, wrap, anti-microbial dressing, triple antibiotic ointment, tourniquet.
- Muscle rub
-Toilet paper & sanitary wipes
-2 Covid tests
-hand sanitizer
-deoderant
-sun block
-nail clippers w/ file
-tooth brush, mouth wash, tooth paste, floss
- N95 mask & regular mask
- Prayer book
- travel New Testament
- 1 small rock
-battery bank

Hip Pack
-passport
-money
-ear buds
-phone

Most items are stowed in sea-to-summit stuff sacks.

I've done a lot of enjoyable hiking in Chacos and could see myself ditching the well-worn trail runners after a successful day in the Chacos - as this is their last hurrah anyways. That would also shave 2 pounds off the pack w/ chacos on my feet. If I need an extra layer, then I'll pick one up in Spain and ditch my long sleeve safari shirt. As an ice climber, I've always been a t-shirt kind of person in 50 and 60 degrees.

I have enough room for a sandwich and a few small items.

unnamed.jpeg

Starting SJPP > SDC this coming week.

REI flash 18 pack, 14 pounds w/ 2L water

- 2L bladder
- 1 brimmed hat, and 1 running cap
-1 pair of quick dry shorts
- 1 smartwool tshirt
- 1 patagonia sun hoody
- 1 pair of sleeping shorts and tank top
- 1 pair REI hiking pants
- 2 pairs wool socks
- 2 pairs ex officios
- 1 silk sock liner
- 1 microfiber towel
- headlamp
- space blanket
- microfiber sleep sack
- toilet paper and Sani wipes
- hand sanitizer
- 2 covid tests
- blister kit
- eye mask and ear plugs
- various medicines (prescription, Motrin, Tylenol, Zyrtec, Zofran, Benadryl, but no Imodium)
- chacos for town/albergue
- charger, battery bank, adapter, ear buds
- sun block
- toiletries
- 1 buff
- 1 pair hiking shoes
- vicks vapor rub
- sewing kit

My Patagonia hip pack is for my phone, wallet, and some small items.

I still need a poncho and planning to buy hiking poles in SJPP.

I used some gear loops to secure the chacos to the bottom of the pack.

1. General thoughts, am I missing anything in your opinion?
  2. Should I ditch the space blanket?
  3. Upgrade to a mid 20s or 30s pack?
  4. Should I take a rain shell instead of a poncho?
  5. Should I cut the microfiber towel in half, it is full sized?
  6. Should I pick up some Imodium?
  7. Would I be better off going with a Nalgene and a 2L collapsible water bottle?
  8. No real warm layer. Should I bring a fleece or vest?

Attachments

• IMG-6614.JPG
    IMG-6614.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 483
  • IMG-6613.JPG
    IMG-6613.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG-6613.JPG
    IMG-6613.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,295
Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Should I ditch the space blanket?
Yes, unless you are planning on sleeping outside a lot. You don't want to use it in albergues - those mylar space blankets are noisy, and will make you sweaty. They are really meant for emergency use.
Upgrade to a mid 20s or 30s pack?
How easy is it to pack everything into the pack that you have? Do you feel like you are solving a puzzle every time you pack up? Do you have room for some snacks?
Should I take a rain shell instead of a poncho?
Personal preference
Should I cut the microfiber towel in half, it is full sized?
Also personal preference. Would it dry you effectively if it were half sized?
Should I pick up some Imodium?
I would. Imodium is one of those things that if you need it, you need it NOW. I always bring a couple of tablet. Fortunately, I've never needed it.
Would I be better off going with a Nalgene and a 2L collapsible water bottle?
Another personal preference item.
No real warm layer. Should I bring a fleece or vest?
I think that you need a warm layer. I froze up at O Cebreiro in the evening in mid August one year.

With a buff, long sleeved shirt, and long pants that should be enough for warmth. No Emergency blanket. Maybe a light scarf that can double as a shawl, cover, pillowcase, privacy screen? Weighs the same, but more useful.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
- 1 smartwool tshirt
- 1 patagonia sun hoody
- 1 ...sleeping... tank top
If this is the grand total of your shirts, I think you could use another long-sleeved top, even if it is a rain shell. (I wouldn't go without a lightweight long-sleeved merino top, in addition to a rain jacket.)
  1. General thoughts, am I missing anything in your opinion? - - Yes, long-sleeved warmish shirt
  2. Should I ditch the space blanket? - Yes
  3. Upgrade to a mid 20s or 30s pack? - Yes. I hate to have things dangling from my backpack.
  4. Should I take a rain shell instead of a poncho? - Maybe, or in addition - see comments above
  5. Should I cut the microfiber towel in half, it is full sized? - Yes.
  6. Should I pick up some Imodium? - Yes, just 2 or 3 tablets
  7. Would I be better off going with a Nalgene and a 2L collapsible water bottle? - Your choice
  8. No real warm layer. Should I bring a fleece or vest? - Yes, something, but can be quite lightweight.

I'd ask about the two hats?

As for rain gear - if you already have a raincoat I'd just use it rather than buy a poncho given its summer- but this is personal ( I dislike ponchos flapping in wind so I don't use one)

I'd ask about the two hats?
I think wide brimmed hat for the sun and baseball cap to wear under a hoodie when it rains…

I dislike ponchos flapping in wind so I don't use one)
Same! And feels something sticking to my legs as I walk. I really like to feel I’m able to move freely. Having said that, ponchos are so convenient to put on. So it’s personal preference.

Microfibre: very absorbent so if your current one only gets 30% wet after you shower then yes you can go smaller. Mine barely covers from chest to upper thighs and I’m quite short (5’4”), dries everything completely incl when I had long hair.

I really like my merino fleece and will bring it all the time. Hot/cold is personal preference. In the morning, my friend and I were wearing shorts and tshirt only as we knew we’d warm up by walking. We passed Spanish walkers in their puffer jackets!

Rucksack size: I put my things into 2 dry bags inside so it’s never “messy”. I put my sandals inside as well so nothing is dangling off my rucksack when I put my rain cover on. And then there’s still space to buy some food/souvenirs when walking.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As above:

Add extra sock liner and a light long-sleeved insulation layer; deduct space blanket.

Does your water bladder have a drinking tube? If not I’d suggest an accessible 500ml water bottle; just buy one and reuse it.

A couple of Imodium might be advisable. If you ever need them it’s best to have them to hand.

Admirably light packing otherwise.

Always have a toilet roll in my pack.. doesn't weigh much and you never know.

Imodium ... yes

Other items will often depend on the weather, there are plenty of good shops along the way

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
First of all, let me compliment you on the job you did putting together your kit. Here are my thoughts based on your questions which are pretty similar to what others have said.
  1. General thoughts, am I missing anything in your opinion? I like carrying a long sleeved, quick drying under-layer. On a cooler/wetter morning or on a chilly evening, this was my go to clothing item which I could then layer off as needed.
  2. Should I ditch the space blanket? Yes, I carried one my first csmino. Never saw the light of day.
  3. Upgrade to a mid 20s or 30s pack? I’m the first to say that I’m a big advocate of carrying less. I like that your weight is a trim 14 pounds with water. Although I’ve always had more than the room I’ve in in my 36L pack, I’ve considered dropping down to a 28L. Like above, I, too, would rather have everything inside my pack rather than hanging off it. An 18L pack might be a bit small for me.
  4. Should I take a rain shell instead of a poncho? Personal preference, but mine is in the direction of the rain shell/jacket. In hard driving wind and rain in Galicia, I found the poncho all but useless.
  5. Should I cut the microfiber towel in half, it is full sized? Leave it as it is.
  6. Should I pick up some Imodium? Sure, they’ve small although they can easily be bought in Spain
  7. Would I be better off going with a Nalgene and a 2L collapsible water bottle? Again, personal preference, but I prefer the bottle.
  8. No real warm layer. Should I bring a fleece or vest? If you have a long sleeved under-layer and a rain jacket I think you’ll be fine particularly during the time of year that you’re traveling. But, with that said, my favorite combo for warmth is a long sleeved shirt and a vest.
  9. Other: what’s in your blister kit? For me, I have found carrying paper pharmaceutical tape, some type of antiseptic gel, and a needle all you need. When getting your poles in SJPP, add a small pocket knife, like an Opinel, to what you carry. Nice to have when picnicing.
Otherwise, I think you’ve got your gear pretty well set. Buen Camino,

I'm amazed that you can fit 10 pounds of gear into an 18 liter pack. I normally carry around 14 pounds which fits comfortably in a 32 - 36 liter pack.

I'm a bit concerned about your choice of pack which appears to be a drawstring bag with straps.

Will it be comfortable to carry for 6-8 hours a day? Does it transfer the load to your hips?

Lots of very sensible suggestions above. I would add only this: if you do choose a new backpack, be sure that the back length is long enough or adaptable enough for you. Some smaller packs have a short back, which means that you will carry almost all the weight on your shoulders instead of on your hips. If you then loosen the shoulder straps to transfer the weight on your hips, you find that the breast strap goes across your neck rather than your sternum. Always try before you buy. Buen Camino! Tom

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

- 2L bladder
- 1 smartwool tshirt
- 1 patagonia sun hoody
- 2 pairs wool socks
- 2 pairs ex officios
- 1 silk sock liner
- 1 microfiber towel
- headlamp
- space blanket
- microfiber sleep sack
- hand sanitizer
- 2 covid tests
- blister kit
- eye mask and ear plugs
- various medicines (prescription, Motrin, Tylenol, Zyrtec, Zofran, Benadryl, but no Imodium)
- sun block
- toiletries
- 1 buff
- 1 pair hiking shoes
- vicks vapor rub
- sewing kit

7. Would I be better off going with a Nalgene and a 2L collapsible water bottle?

View attachment 130307

- 2L bladder
- 1 smartwool tshirt
- 1 patagonia sun hoody
- 2 pairs wool socks
- 2 pairs ex officios
- 1 silk sock liner
- 1 microfiber towel
- headlamp
- space blanket
- microfiber sleep sack
- hand sanitizer
- 2 covid tests
- blister kit
- eye mask and ear plugs
- sun block
- toiletries
- 1 buff
- 1 pair hiking shoes
- vicks vapor rub
- sewing kit

View attachment 130307

View attachment 130305

- 2L bladder
- 1 smartwool tshirt
- 1 patagonia sun hoody
- 2 pairs wool socks
- 2 pairs ex officios
- 1 silk sock liner
- 1 microfiber towel
- headlamp
- space blanket
- microfiber sleep sack
- hand sanitizer
- 2 covid tests
- blister kit
- eye mask and ear plugs
- sun block
- toiletries
- 1 buff
- 1 pair hiking shoes
- vicks vapor rub
- sewing kit

View attachment 130307

View attachment 130305
The Merino smart wool was too itchy for me, so I tried the Merino – tech and it was not itchy and soft. I would also Nix the space blanket. Awesome packing list. Nice job.

2L bladder
take one hat
- 1 smartwool tshirt
add a light long sleeve merino shirt then ditch hoody
- 1 patagonia sun hoody
not needed
unecessary - sleep in underwear or shorts and hiking top
- 2 pairs wool socks
good
- 2 pairs ex officios
good
- 1 silk sock liner
good
- 1 microfiber towel
not needed- just dry off with your clothes (i lost my towel and never missed it!)
- headlamp
goid
- space blanket
not needed
- microfiber sleep sack
hope warm enough- pilgrims want windows open can get quite cold
don't need much can get there
- hand sanitizer
up to you i never used mine
- 2 covid tests
csn get easily at pharmacies dint need to take
- blister kit
keep it small til you see what you need- i never got a blister and you might not either!
- eye mask and ear plugs
get the wax ones - eye mask not totally necessary
drugs are cheaper at pharmacies there so dont need to take much
good if lightweight
battery pack not needed
- sun block
or get there
- toiletries
keep minimal
- 1 buff
- 1 pair hiking shoes
- vicks vapor rub
small container good, vaseline for feet works
- sewing kit
not really needed can get there
pack size is good. recommend rain jacket for rain and warmth plus add a wool sweater or hoodie for warmth
great list! (i took a deuter 28L pack and it was too big. next time taking 22 L but that rei pack is awesome too. )
you dont need to carry food except a small snack just focus on having enough water.
the above is based on what worked for me-take the minimum and you'll realize you can adjust as needed very easily :) buen camino!

Always have a toilet roll in my pack.. doesn't weigh much and you never know.

Imodium ... yes

Other items will often depend on the weather, there are plenty of good shops along the way
If you have hand wipes you can use those in a pinch instead of the toilet roll.
I also think everyone should carry some plastic sandwich bags for two reasons. You can store extra snacks in them after you have finished eating. Also if nature calls and you have to go behind a tree, you need to cart out your toilet paper/wipes to the nearest garbage can. You can put the soiled paper in your sandwich bag, zip it, store it and dispose of it properly. The bags for food can be washed out and will dry quickly to use again.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Fleece? Yes. Nights can get chilly, very chilly.
Consider something in the blanket category. A Space Blanket is for emergencies only, not regular use and will definitely be frowned upon in any Albergue due to its noisy nature. I use a Snugpak Jungle blanket and sleep in next day's clothes. Always very comfortable and warm.

- 2L bladder
- 1 smartwool tshirt
- 1 patagonia sun hoody
- 2 pairs wool socks
- 2 pairs ex officios
- 1 silk sock liner
- 1 microfiber towel
- headlamp
- space blanket
- microfiber sleep sack
- hand sanitizer
- 2 covid tests
- blister kit
- eye mask and ear plugs
- sun block
- toiletries
- 1 buff
- 1 pair hiking shoes
- vicks vapor rub
- sewing kit

View attachment 130307

View attachment 130305
Your list looks great but it looks like you only have one set of clothes. I would consider another shirt. I took chacaos my first Camino for evenings and emergencies (which I didn’t have). Second and third Camino I didn’t carry them, I found them heavy. I switch to plastic Birkenstocks (evo) and they were as light as air and provided as much support. I would take another set of socks for changing into during the day. It helps with preventing blisters, or if it rains or you step in a puddle. I would also bring a light weight fleecy. I have gone spring and fall and it was used most every day / evening.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If this is the grand total of your shirts, I think you could use another long-sleeved top, even if it is a rain shell. (I wouldn't go without a lightweight long-sleeved merino top, in addition to a rain jacket.)
  1. General thoughts, am I missing anything in your opinion? - - Yes, long-sleeved warmish shirt
  2. Should I ditch the space blanket? - Yes
  3. Upgrade to a mid 20s or 30s pack? - Yes. I hate to have things dangling from my backpack.
  4. Should I take a rain shell instead of a poncho? - Maybe, or in addition - see comments above
  5. Should I cut the microfiber towel in half, it is full sized? - Yes.
  6. Should I pick up some Imodium? - Yes, just 2 or 3 tablets
  7. Would I be better off going with a Nalgene and a 2L collapsible water bottle? - Your choice
  8. No real warm layer. Should I bring a fleece or vest? - Yes, something, but can be quite lightweight.
If it’s hot, an umbrella would probably be awesome. I plan to take one.

- Consider what you'll need for warmth on a cold evening or morning. Also when hiking in cold rain.

- A small flashlight that is independent of your phone - a couple of pinch lights (including a red one) work great and weigh little. A narrow beam single AAA or AA cell flashlight also is good and better for trail finding should you find yourself out late.

- Likewise for a small compass, something you can check at a glance - phones can quit at awkward times and sometimes their compasses point the wrong way.

- Whistle.

- Small knife, a single 2in. blade is sufficient.

- Gloves for warmth (light wool or fleece), but spare wool socks also work on hands.for warmth.

- Sunglasses

- Sun gloves (personal preference).

- Nail file.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

- 2L bladder
- 1 smartwool tshirt
- 1 patagonia sun hoody
- 2 pairs wool socks
- 2 pairs ex officios
- 1 silk sock liner
- 1 microfiber towel
- headlamp
- space blanket
- microfiber sleep sack
- hand sanitizer
- 2 covid tests
- blister kit
- eye mask and ear plugs
- sun block
- toiletries
- 1 buff
- 1 pair hiking shoes
- vicks vapor rub
- sewing kit
In general terms I think that you are spot on.

View attachment 130307

View attachment 130305
In general terms I think that you are good.

2. Yes. It is going to be warm.
3, Yes
4. No poncho good.
5. Don't cut it. The difference in weight is negligible.
6. This is one for you. I have never had intestinal problems on the Camino but if you are worried about it then taking it is going to be good for your mindset.
7. Water is so not an issue on the CF. Fountains and bars everywhere.
8. They have no weight so a v lightweight fleece is sensible.

Buen Camino.

I think all you have is good, I definitely bring Imodium, and ditch the space blanket. We started out Camino at the end of August I can can say the Patagonia Puffy jacket was a must in some places, specially early mornings. I personally like a tad bigger backpack like a 20L or 30L and with a built in pack cover. As another person mentioned a rain jacket is more comfortable and better if there is rain and wind, but it all depends on what you like! You can also carry just 1L water reservoir there is water everywhere. I hope this helps. Buen Camino

Your packing looks great and all previous comments pretty much say it all.
I would add ...
For me any extra weight of a good fitting pack -with frame - is negated by the comfort factor of having most of the weight on my hips rather than shoulders.
I take trekking sandals as my second shoes. They are heavier than flip flops or lightweight sandals but I can walk in them all day and are a great alternative if I do get a blister or any other foot condition.
Buen Camino
PS. You can pretty much get anything you find you do need along the way - so no worries.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm a bit concerned about your choice of pack which appears to be a drawstring bag with straps.
I hadn't noticed this, the first time round. Have you tried walking 20 km with that load in that back pack? I would strongly recommend getting a proper backpack that has both sternum strap and a hip belt.

Update: Final packing list, 17 pounds w/ 2L water. Leaving tomorrow. Will be breaking up the first day with a stay at Refuge Orrison.

Clothing:
-2 pairs smartwool socks
-1 silk sock liner
- 1 smartwool t-shirt
- buff
- 1 poncho

Gear:
- euro plug adapter
- microfiber towel
- sleep sack
- Z2 chacos

Personal
- Medicine: Tylenol, Motrin, Imodium, Zofran, Meclizine, benedryl, Zyrtec, cough drops
- First aid: bandaids, a few gauze dressings, tape, wrap, anti-microbial dressing, triple antibiotic ointment, tourniquet.
- Muscle rub
-2 Covid tests
-hand sanitizer
-deoderant
-sun block
-nail clippers w/ file
- Prayer book
- travel New Testament
- 1 small rock

Hip Pack
-passport
-money
-ear buds
-phone

I've done a lot of enjoyable hiking in Chacos and could see myself ditching the well-worn trail runners after a successful day in the Chacos - as this is their last hurrah anyways. That would also shave 2 pounds off the pack w/ chacos on my feet. If I need an extra layer, then I'll pick one up in Spain and ditch my long sleeve safari shirt. As an ice climber, I've always been a t-shirt kind of person in 50 and 60 degrees.

unnamed.jpeg

It looks like you have changed out your backpack?

I've done a lot of enjoyable hiking in Chacos and could see myself ditching the well-worn trail runners after a successful day in the Chacos - as this is their last hurrah anyways.
As one who switched to hiking sandals only on the Camino a few years ago I wholeheartedly support this!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

As one who switched to hiking sandals only on the Camino a few years ago I wholeheartedly support this!
Yes, differently and slightly larger pack. Still no hip belt, though.

My Teva-look-alike hiking sandals weight 500 grams - about half the weight of the Chacos. I use them regularly with great joy. Just a suggestion.

- Consider what you'll need for warmth on a cold evening or morning. Also when hiking in cold rain.

- A small flashlight that is independent of your phone - a couple of pinch lights (including a red one) work great and weigh little. A narrow beam single AAA or AA cell flashlight also is good and better for trail finding should you find yourself out late.

- Likewise for a small compass, something you can check at a glance - phones can quit at awkward times and sometimes their compasses point the wrong way.

- Whistle.

- Small knife, a single 2in. blade is sufficient.

- Gloves for warmth (light wool or fleece), but spare wool socks also work on hands.for warmth.

- Sunglasses

- Sun gloves (personal preference).

- Nail file.
@ken2116
You can download most Caminos with Apps like Ride with GPS. This was my main guide on the Portuguese from Lisbon - which was often not well Way marked in the stages before Porto. No need for a Compass.

Love my light weight sun gloves - they hold memories of the Himalayas.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Small point, but you mention a plug adapter and phone but no charger or cable. Did you just choose not to list them?

Correct, just didn’t list some small odds and end like a cable and plug.

Clothing:
-2 pairs smartwool socks
-1 silk sock liner
- 1 smartwool t-shirt
- buff
- 1 poncho

Gear:
- euro plug adapter
- microfiber towel
- sleep sack
- Z2 chacos

Personal
- Muscle rub
-2 Covid tests
-hand sanitizer
-deoderant
-sun block
-nail clippers w/ file
- Prayer book
- travel New Testament
- 1 small rock
-battery bank

Hip Pack
-passport
-money
-ear buds
-phone

View attachment 130405

- 2L bladder
- 1 smartwool tshirt
- 1 patagonia sun hoody
- 2 pairs wool socks
- 2 pairs ex officios
- 1 silk sock liner
- 1 microfiber towel
- headlamp
- space blanket
- microfiber sleep sack
- hand sanitizer
- 2 covid tests
- blister kit
- eye mask and ear plugs
- sun block
- toiletries
- 1 buff
- 1 pair hiking shoes
- vicks vapor rub
- sewing kit

I would use clear reusable bottles instead of bladder. Bladder is difficult to top up, you do not see how much water is left and it’s challenging to wash it

€60,-
Pack and bladder are working out fine. My shoes on the other hand….well, it’s on to the Chacos. There will be a worn pair of la sportive trail runners sitting on the sidewalk of Pamplona if anyone wants some.

In my opinion, lose the bladder, just use water bottles instead. Bladders are heavy (when filled with 2 L of water, which is overkill, and they leak on occasion (user error) and it's hard to refill or know when you have to refill because you have to dig into your pack. 17 lbs is pretty good, though. I'd take another pair of underwear and socks and carry 1 liter of water instead.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In my opinion, lose the bladder, just use water bottles instead. Bladders are heavy (when filled with 2 L of water, which is overkill, and they leak on occasion (user error) and it's hard to refill or know when you have to refill because you have to dig into your pack. 17 lbs is pretty good, though. I'd take another pair of underwear and socks and carry 1 liter of water instead.
I’m on the move already. Personally, I’m happy with a bladder and a 250ml electrolyte concentrate. 100F through this Sunday. 2 liters has not lasted that longer during this heat wave.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You shouldn't be putting anything but plain water on the bladder.
That’s incorrect. Ive known plenty of people - including myself - who have used bladders with electrolytes. You just clean it.

Anyways, I said I have a 250ml electrolyte solution In a separate container to my bladder.

Some of you are a bit stringent when it comes to certain ideas about how to use things. The Camino is not the only place on earth where humans drink water and use hydration supplies.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.