Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Crossing from Primitivo to Norte - the Camino Verde from Lugo to Sobrado

notion900

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
>
Just to let folks know that I have completely updated the resource - José Manuel @xmsg and I walked the route in August and have updated all the directions, and refreshed the green arrows. It was fabulous.

If you are planning the Primitivo and want to stay off the Frances as long as possible, enjoy the tranquility and stunning scenery away from the crowds for a couple of days, and stay with the monks at Sobrado, this option will hopefully appeal.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I walked that area 10 years ago and I found it absolutely beautiful, rural, wild and remote, particularly compared to the Francés. Most recommendable, indeed! It was already very well marked, 10 years ago.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am going to see about setting up a separate sub-forum on the Primitivo for this alternative. There are lots of posts from people who have enjoyed it a lot, and it would be good to get them all in one place. Stay tuned!
I just messaged Ivar about that very thing

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I did not dare to go that way because the stage to Sobrado seemed to long!?

I am going to see about setting up a separate sub-forum on the Primitivo for this alternative. There are lots of posts from people who have enjoyed it a lot, and it would be good to get them all in one place. Stay tuned!

Any updates on the Verde? Still well marked? Two of us would like to do this alternative from the Primitivo leaving Lugo in a few days (11 June 2019) assuming we can make a booking in Friol and that it is reasonable in wet weather.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It looks like one can stay in Friol, then walk to Sobrado and then is there one more stop before Santiago?
Any updates on the Verde? Still well marked? Two of us would like to do this alternative from the Primitivo leaving Lugo in a few days (11 June 2019) assuming we can make a booking in Friol and that it is reasonable in wet weather.

I do not know about any updates on the Verde, but I am planning for next year to go from Sobrado to Lavacolla,, splitting off from the Norte at Boimorto, again avoiding the Frances until the last 10 km into Santiago.

Found this in resources: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-lavacolla-and-avoid-the-hordes-at-arzúa.681/

Buen camino whichever way you go!

Sorry for the lack of updates, José Manuel @xmsg and I met in Santiago last summer but we were unable to walk the route to refresh the arrows or check the directions as his mother was in hospital after a serious accident; this was therefore last done in 2018. We hope to do so this summer. Please let me know any updates or feedback from the route in the meantime.

Sorry for the lack of updates, José Manuel @xmsg and I met in Santiago last summer but we were unable to walk the route to refresh the arrows or check the directions as his mother was in hospital after a serious accident; this was therefore last done in 2018. We hope to do so this summer. Please let me know any updates or feedback from the route in the meantime.
Do we know a.) how is Jose Manuel’s mom doing? And has anyone checked on the signage for this route? I’m having a bit of a time finding links and information for people. I absolutely loved the route when I did it in 2018(?). Two of the most beautiful quiet days ever, combined with perfect weather and Sobrado dos Monxes… it doesn’t get much better.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just to let folks know that I have completely updated the resource - José Manuel @xmsg and I walked the route in August and have updated all the directions, and refreshed the green arrows. It was fabulous.

If you are planning the Primitivo and want to stay off the Frances as long as possible, enjoy the tranquility and stunning scenery away from the crowds for a couple of days, and stay with the monks at Sobrado, this option will hopefully appeal.
Hello, thank you for the all information. Are you able to get the sellos/stamps for the Compostela by doing the Camino Verde? We are planning to do this route in late June. Is there a list of places that provide the sellos/stamps? Thank you

Hello, thank you for the all information. Are you able to get the sellos/stamps for the Compostela by doing the Camino Verde? We are planning to do this route in late June. Is there a list of places that provide the sellos/stamps? Thank you
That’s a good point that I don’t think anyone has discussed. Since the Camiño Verde is located after Lugo, that makes it within the minimum 100 kms. I have no idea whether this matters to the Pilgrims’ Office, but I know that there was doubt about, say, the Variante Espiritual on the Portugués, until the Pilgrims’ Office apparently took some affirmative action to approve it.

Stamps are available in most commercial sites in most towns. Businesses have them for general commercial purposes, so you will always find that a pensión or hotel has them, as well as pharmacies, restaurants, museums, post offices, etc etc.

I hope some forum member has the information you are seeking about the compostela and the Camiño Verde- I think it’s unlikely that a person in the pilgrims’ office would even notice that you had walked a variant, but if the compostela is important to you, you probably won’t want to risk it.

Thank you very much for your input and advice on my question. If anyone has any other addition information thank you in advance.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you very much for your input and advice on my question. If anyone has any other addition information thank you in advance.
Well, I will also add that I think that if I compare the two days out of Lugo on the “official” camino primitivo with the two days out of Lugo on the Camiño Verde, I would not say that the landscape is radically different, but this may in part because I got tangled up onthe first day and wound up on some off-camino roads. The second day from Friol to Sobrado is nice enough but again these routes are basically walking through the same terrain. The Verde hits the Norte about 6 kms (?) outside of Sobrado, and that is all on the side of the road, mostly.

My opinion (and I know there are many forum members who rave about the Verde) is that it is nice enough, and that if your main objective is to see Sobrado or avoid the Francés, then I would go for it.

And I am hoping that someone will know the answer to the compostela question.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.