Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

COVID Crossing the borders from Portugal to Spain - Is a covid test needed?

Lu Zajickova

Camino Portugues, Costal Route
Year of past OR future Camino
Hello everyone,

we plan to cross the borders from Portugal to Spain at the end of the first week in July. Do you know how it is now with the border controls (is a test needed and where to get it in Caminho ideally) or where I can find he most updated information about conditions needed for crossing the borders? We are not fully vaccinated yet, only the first dose (I am getting mine today).

Thanks a lot, buen camino!

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
If you are crossing on foot, proof of vaccination or negative test is not needed (I crossed yesterday). There is more info from about a week ago in the Lockdowns and Reopenings thread.

Hello everyone,

we plan to cross the borders from Portugal to Spain at the end of the first week in July. Do you know how it is now with the border controls (is a test needed and where to get it in Caminho ideally) or where I can find he most updated information about conditions needed for crossing the borders? We are not fully vaccinated yet, only the first dose (I am getting mine today).

Thanks a lot, buen camino!
Hi Lu
When I walked Camino da Costa I followed the coast from Vila Praia de Ancora towards Camiha and the ferry. However the hospitalera at the alberque advised me as I approached the tunnel at Moleda not to go through the tunnel to Caminha but to take the option to continue along the coast where you come upon 2 beachside cafes. When you arrive there you can phone for a taxi boat across the estuary. The guy drives straight down and takes you across. You are deposited on the beach on the Spanish side and it is a 5k yellow arrowed walk into A Guarda. 5 euros and no border checks (as there are no border checks in the Pyrenees when you cross on Camino Frances) . Dozens of pilgrims used this option, Nice hotel for coffee and food right next to where you land. I assume as the guy is advertising as in the attached picture that he is legal.
Buen Camino
Vince

Attachments

• taxi.jpg
    taxi.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 19

Lu Zajickova

Camino Portugues, Costal Route
Thanks a lot, I hope all will be fine, we are leaving next Friday - keep our fingers crossed as it seems COVID cases number in Portugal is growing faster and faster now. 🙏

Renascer

Hi Lu
When I walked Camino da Costa I followed the coast from Vila Praia de Ancora towards Camiha and the ferry. However the hospitalera at the alberque advised me as I approached the tunnel at Moleda not to go through the tunnel to Caminha but to take the option to continue along the coast where you come upon 2 beachside cafes. When you arrive there you can phone for a taxi boat across the estuary. The guy drives straight down and takes you across. You are deposited on the beach on the Spanish side and it is a 5k yellow arrowed walk into A Guarda. 5 euros and no border checks (as there are no border checks in the Pyrenees when you cross on Camino Frances) . Dozens of pilgrims used this option, Nice hotel for coffee and food right next to where you land. I assume as the guy is advertising as in the attached picture that he is legal.
Buen Camino
Vince
Thank you for helping.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Renascer

Thanks a lot, I hope all will be fine, we are leaving next Friday - keep our fingers crossed as it seems COVID cases number in Portugal is growing faster and faster now. 🙏
Lu let us know how it goes for you there. The overall experience etc... with this covid problem going on and your transit. Buen Camino! 💕

Chef66

Now
Hello. I took a bus fork Lisbon to Sevilla on 22nd June. No checks on anything, the bus didn’t even slow down!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads