• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Crossing the borders from Portugal to Spain - Is a covid test needed?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lu Zajickova

Camino Portugues, Costal Route
Time of past OR future Camino
Hello everyone,

we plan to cross the borders from Portugal to Spain at the end of the first week in July. Do you know how it is now with the border controls (is a test needed and where to get it in Caminho ideally) or where I can find he most updated information about conditions needed for crossing the borders? We are not fully vaccinated yet, only the first dose (I am getting mine today).

Thanks a lot, buen camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello everyone,

we plan to cross the borders from Portugal to Spain at the end of the first week in July. Do you know how it is now with the border controls (is a test needed and where to get it in Caminho ideally) or where I can find he most updated information about conditions needed for crossing the borders? We are not fully vaccinated yet, only the first dose (I am getting mine today).

Thanks a lot, buen camino!
Hi Lu
When I walked Camino da Costa I followed the coast from Vila Praia de Ancora towards Camiha and the ferry. However the hospitalera at the alberque advised me as I approached the tunnel at Moleda not to go through the tunnel to Caminha but to take the option to continue along the coast where you come upon 2 beachside cafes. When you arrive there you can phone for a taxi boat across the estuary. The guy drives straight down and takes you across. You are deposited on the beach on the Spanish side and it is a 5k yellow arrowed walk into A Guarda. 5 euros and no border checks (as there are no border checks in the Pyrenees when you cross on Camino Frances) . Dozens of pilgrims used this option, Nice hotel for coffee and food right next to where you land. I assume as the guy is advertising as in the attached picture that he is legal.
Buen Camino
Vince

Attachments

• taxi.jpg
    taxi.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks a lot, I hope all will be fine, we are leaving next Friday - keep our fingers crossed as it seems COVID cases number in Portugal is growing faster and faster now. 🙏

Hi Lu
When I walked Camino da Costa I followed the coast from Vila Praia de Ancora towards Camiha and the ferry. However the hospitalera at the alberque advised me as I approached the tunnel at Moleda not to go through the tunnel to Caminha but to take the option to continue along the coast where you come upon 2 beachside cafes. When you arrive there you can phone for a taxi boat across the estuary. The guy drives straight down and takes you across. You are deposited on the beach on the Spanish side and it is a 5k yellow arrowed walk into A Guarda. 5 euros and no border checks (as there are no border checks in the Pyrenees when you cross on Camino Frances) . Dozens of pilgrims used this option, Nice hotel for coffee and food right next to where you land. I assume as the guy is advertising as in the attached picture that he is legal.
Buen Camino
Vince
Thank you for helping.

Thanks a lot, I hope all will be fine, we are leaving next Friday - keep our fingers crossed as it seems COVID cases number in Portugal is growing faster and faster now. 🙏
Lu let us know how it goes for you there. The overall experience etc... with this covid problem going on and your transit. Buen Camino! 💕

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello. I took a bus fork Lisbon to Sevilla on 22nd June. No checks on anything, the bus didn’t even slow down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.