• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

CSJ and this forum

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

It seems that some are confused abut the relationship between CSJ and this forum, so let me try to explain.....

I started santiago-today.com in early 2004. The forum was added in October that same year, and little by little the number of members and activity in the forum grew (much thanks to Sillydoll and Peter Robins).

The activity really took off when CSJ added a link from their home page to my forum. So in short, the only relationship between CSJ and this forum are the links we have to each others web pages.

This forum is my hobby. I am thankful to CSJ for the pilgrims they send my way... :)

By the way, see my first post here (October 12th 2004):
viewtopic.php?p=2

I hope this explains a bit, but hopefully it should not matter too much "what belongs to whom" as long as the forum is useful and helpful.

Greetings from Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the explanation, Ivar. Now I understand the relationship between the two. Best, xm 8)

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
CSJ Forum

Are XM and Minkey brothers?
Long lost cousins?They look so much alike in their photos!

Eleanor

Hola Ivor,
Well done on how you run this forum. Good you consider it a hobby. And Sil and Peter too. I have learnt so much and made some interesting contacts. Still in touch with Kelly who is walking from Arles. She left on 23rd. March and seems to be doing really well. When I leave on 23rd. I am wondering how to keep in touch. I am on overload at the moment with all this technology. Never used an Internet café before.

The weather seems dreadful over there in Spain. Wonder how it will be next week at Somport? I have three friends starting at O Cebreiro on 18th. and they are worried.
And here we are having a heat wave in Co. Mayo, Ireland. Got plenty of training lately walking in shorts and T-shirt. Even needed my sun hat and sun cream.!

Hope to meet some of the pilgrims of the forum on route. And maybe you Ivor if/when I get to Santiago?
Eleanor

A

Anonymous

Hi Eleanor, hang on in there, the weather will get better as summer arrives (fingers crossed).

There are cyber cafes in a lot of places around the Aragones and the Caminos in general.

I used to go to in Jaca to one that was located (as of last year) close to the univ student residence.

Nothing to a cyber cafe. Just go to the counter, get an optional refreshement, tell the chico/chica you want to use la Internet, they tell u which one, and presto, ur on ur way. Once ur finished, return to the counter, pay for the time (+ refreshment) u used and ur on the road again.

I have mixed feelings about using Internet during my Caminos.

On the one hand I do not want to know ANYTHING about my everyday reality back home. On the other one there are family/obligation concerns that require communicating. Am thinking now that I'll be taking a cell/mobile to keep it "on" during certain hours, like evenings, before lights go out at the albergues. This may exclude " Interneting."

But hey, it is nice & encouraging to hear from cyber pilgrim friends along the Caminos!

Abrazos,

xm 8)

Eleanor

Hello Peter,
Thanks for giving me those websites. Nice to be reading French again. Havn't used it much since I married my Spanish husband and took up Spanish.
I do hope El Camino is clear of snow too on 23rd. I find it hard to stay upright at the best of times. Fell yesterday on a stony trail here. Rucksac takes over at a certain point.
Thanks for all your help on the forum,
Eleanor

Eleanor

Hi xm,
Thanks for your help. I feel like you but may need to logon. And maybe I will miss my 'friends' on the forum.
Thanks all,
Eleanor

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts