• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CSJ Open Office - London 18/3/2017 & 6/5/2017

Time of past OR future Camino
Just a rather late heads-up (48 hours' notice!) about the first Saturday Open Office day of the season at the Confraternity of Saint James in Blackfriars Road, London SE1. 11am-3.30pm.
So if you are in London or the London area and you want to discuss your camino or your plans, or swap notes and yarns over a map and a mug of tea, then please roll up. You can also browse our amazing camino library (though only members can take books out). Doors open 11am and our address is 27 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NY, UK. The office door is on the north side of the church. Nearest train stations Blackfriars and Waterloo, nearest tubes are Blackfriars, Waterloo and Southwark.
There should be a couple more Spring time Saturday open office days announced soon (see www.csj.org.uk ) and of course the office is open to callers on Thursdays if you want to drop by during the week.
I'm a regular volunteer, so if you've got any questions just ask away...
cheers, tom

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Tom, thanks for posting this message. I'm going to be in London for a couple of days before heading of on my Camino Ingles, so might see if I can drop in on Thursday 11th May. peter

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Tom if you need any help on future dates, put me on your list. PM me if you need an email address.

Hi @peregrino_tom - Arriving in London 19 April, to Walk the Thames Path - from London to the source. Staying in a place near Croyden for 6 nights while walking West, and would like to stop by the CSJ office to say hello. I'm a little confused as to when the office is - only on Thursdays and Saturdays? after 11.00 am - until what time? Hope to see you in a couple of weeks!
Terry

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi @peregrino_tom - Arriving in London 19 April, to Walk the Thames Path - from London to the source. Staying in a place near Croyden for 6 nights while walking West, and would like to stop by the CSJ office to say hello. I'm a little confused as to when the office is - only on Thursdays and Saturdays? after 11.00 am - until what time? Hope to see you in a couple of weeks!
Terry
Croydon? o_O You must be the first person ever to stay there as a tourist. Good luck to you.

Hi Terry
There are volunteers in the office every Thursday from 11-3.30pm. I'm not sure when the next Saturday open day is - should be at the end of April - I'll ask Freddy when I'm in on Thursday and post here when the date is confirmed. Otherwise, if you contact Freddy (via CSJ website info), who manages the office, you can likely arrange a time outside of those days to pop in. There won't be volunteers around but it's always good to exchange info with people visiting and you can have a look at the library and all the maps and other historical bits and pieces.. Nice one.
Cheers, tom

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back