• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

CSJ or Similar in Australia?

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Is there a CSJ or similar in Australia? A South African pilgrim is meeting her Aussie friend (from Melbourne) to walk the camino next month and she has asked if there is an organisation in Australia that her friend can join.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

jl

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
No Sil, as far as I am aware there is no organisation here in Australia. I have been talking to a couple of other people here in Adelaide about establishing something here, and have already received information from other organisations (from overseas) with a view to that. I am returning home via London after my Camino and it is my intention to talk, if possible, to people at CSJ while I am there.

I have been collecting peoples names and details over the past few months, and would be interested to hear from anyone with that in mind. I had only thought "local" initially, but am beginning to wonder if it would be wise to have a wider base. The problem is that I am leaving in 9 weeks for my next camino and so will be out of action for a while.

If anyone is interested in further discussion PM me with contact details and I will be in touch. I have been talking, either by phone, or by internet with a number of people across the country about the Camino, and a number of our local outdoor stores have refferred people to me for information. I think it is time to organise something formal.

There is a group of people that were meeting for a meal on a monthly (bimonthly) basis, but I am not sure if that is still happening.

Again, if anyone is interested in talking with me, send me a PM and will be in touch. Cheers, Janet