A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

CSJ UK Practical Pilgrim days - March 2018

peregrino_tom

Donating Member
Just to let you know that the Confraternity of St James (CSJ) has scheduled two Practical Pilgrim events for March this year in England (there'll no doubt be a Scotland one scheduled in due course..). The events are in
London on Saturday 17 March and
Manchester on the 24th.
There's a £5 charge to cover the cost of hall hire and basic refreshments and you can book via the www.csj.org.uk website.
The events are mainly aimed at first timers, but there's usually a generous sprinkling of old salts who swing by for some camino nostalgia and to offer the occasional anecdote... What's nice about the events is that they provide a chance for newbies to meet other newbies in a similar situation as well as discuss any questions and nagging doubts with the older timers.
We gather in the hall (usually about 100 people) and have introductions about the camino and packing lists etc followed by an open Q&A and then smaller group discussions split into the particular routes. There's also a chance to thumb through guides and acquire a pilgrim passport.
Cheers, tom

Last edited:

Advertisment

Dorpie

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia 2013
Camino Frances May 2015
Camino Frances July 2017
That's fantastic. Despite not strictly speaking needing to I'm sorely tempted to come along.

peregrino_tom

Donating Member
I've just been told the Manchester event is now fully booked, so I've amended the original post. Might still be worth contacting Ned via the post above if you are interested in PP or other camino-related activites in England's North West.

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
Ned sent out an email earlier saying he is trying to arrange a larger room so there maybe an opportunity for more places in Manchester.

Advertisment

Stephw76

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (tbc 2018)
Just to let you know that the Confraternity of St James (CSJ) has scheduled two Practical Pilgrim events for March this year in England (there'll no doubt be a Scotland one scheduled in due course..). The events are in
London on Saturday 17 March and
Manchester on the 24th.
There's a £5 charge to cover the cost of hall hire and basic refreshments and you can book via the www.csj.org.uk website.
The events are mainly aimed at first timers, but there's usually a generous sprinkling of old salts who swing by for some camino nostalgia and to offer the occasional anecdote... What's nice about the events is that they provide a chance for newbies to meet other newbies in a similar situation as well as discuss any questions and nagging doubts with the older timers.
We gather in the hall (usually about 100 people) and have introductions about the camino and packing lists etc followed by an open Q&A and then smaller group discussions split into the particular routes. There's also a chance to thumb through guides and acquire a pilgrim passport.
Cheers, tom
Are there any other events likely to be held later in the year? I'd love to attend as a newbie but have bridesmaid duties on the 24th...

peregrino_tom

Donating Member
FYI - There are still plenty of places at the UK London SE1 event this coming Saturday... I dare say there'll also be a lot of coffee-time chat about the BBC series 'The Road to Santiago', as it gets its first airing the previous evening..

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Part 1 (2017)/ Part 2 (2018), VF Part 1 (2018)
Just a suggestion for those that can't make it. Video it and put and edited version on YouTube. Provide a link later. You might even be able to raise a small amount of money that way too.

peregrino_tom

Donating Member
Just a suggestion for those that can't make it. Video it and put and edited version on YouTube. Provide a link later. You might even be able to raise a small amount of money that way too.
I think it'd be good if we can do this, but I see a lot of technical challenges, especially with sound quality. Thanks for the suggestion.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.1%
  • June