• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Cuatro Amigas!

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
@C clearly @Viranani and @CaminoDebrita , along with a future forum member, met up for a wonderful dinner in Santiago tonight.

Many stories, laughs, and good pilgrimage cheer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    589.5 KB · Views: 110
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sorry, Laurie, we tried the Tertulia but it was shut. But we had a good time anyway.
And thanks, @CaminoDebrita, for posting the pic!
Three of us are at San Martin Pinerio so the forum meeting may continue over breakfast...and we can try the Tertulia tomorrow. SY is still out there somewhere and with any luck she'll get into Santiago tomorrow.
@Cclearly...thank you...yes. Totally worth it. But easy for us to say. We didn't have the slog that you did!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just so other forum members know, my companion and I walked 3 long days, through sun, hail, wind and RAIN, in order to meet you! It was worth it.

Your achievement was spectacular, and I was absolutely in awe of what you endured in order to make our meeting happen.

For those of you who weren't in Santiago today, it was raining and hailing so hard, and there was a very bitter cold wind. It was absolutely miserable weather.

It was nothing short of amazing that Clare and her companion worked so hard in order to hike in and meet up with me and forum member @Viranani ---I am flying to Madrid tomorrow, so this was our only chance for the three of us to spend time together.

If you ever want to meet capable women, I strongly suggest them! It was an absolute honor.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Nawwww, not at all. We all do a lot of walking. Fun to compare gear and talk about cold places. Also good fun to hear you banter back and forth with your traveling companion about distances, not to mention @Viranani 's stories about getting turned around in the great wide open! She was telling me about some huge walking day in which she took a wrong turn from somewhere… When this stuff happens and you're all alone, it can be pretty daunting.

I also loved eating that huge serving of peppers, and hope it won't turn out to be a mistake with all the traveling I will be doing! Should be fun up in the airplane… Ha ha ha!

Glad to hear that everyone's journeys have been wonderful. It was good fun to get an early start this year.

So Deb,
I recognize your smiling face of course, but who are the others in the photo? These are some of my favourite posters and I would love to be able to identify them if we pass one another on the trail someday.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
If there were a camino angel award, it would go to these forum members. They have been there for me in some pretty dark times, people I have never met in person who lit candles, said prayers, and supported me. The internet world we live in may have some dark, dehumanizing aspects, but this forum and its amazing members have helped me through when the going got rough. I am forever in your debt, amigas. Buen camino, Laurie

L to R--C Clearly, Viranani, and C's sister-in-law.

There are a few more photos that will surface that were much better.

Heres a more conventional shot from last night. So the 3 of us who are still in Santiago have just had a 2+ hour breakfast. The conversation and good company contines!
We're hatching a plan to revisit the Tertulia tonight at 5. There's an outside chance SY is in town...is anyone else quietly hanging out here??

Attachments

• tmp_30683-20160403_205129-1444466052.jpg
    tmp_30683-20160403_205129-1444466052.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There were so many good suggestions, understanding and enthusiasm from you all (SYates included) since I subscribed to the forum, that I'd kindly and smilingly ask you for an encore, for I also meet you on June, when I hopefully get to Santiago! Thank you so much for the shared joy! And thank you, Ivar, for this amazing space!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
GREAT pic!!! You guys really hit the jackpot, it would be so much fun to meet one or two forum members in Santiago, but three or four is crazy!

I've called the Tertulia several times today, but I just get the busy signal. So I'll try again for a few more days. It may be that there is just a temporary closure for a family matter or something. Buen camino amigas! Laurie

View attachment 25015
Well, the Tertulia was closed again today, so maybe we need a new place.

Three of us met in the lounge at San Martin Pinar today. @SYates had just walked in from 1006 km on the Via de la Plata. From left to right: @Viranani , @C_clearly, @SYates
Great achievement ladies!!!
And as I see @SYates is really from Germany (although living in Prague) from what she holds in her hand ;)

Cheers! Would love to meet you all someday hopefully.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
View attachment 25015
Well, the Tertulia was closed again today, so maybe we need a new place.

Three of us met in the lounge at San Martin Pinar today. @SYates had just walked in from 1006 km on the Via de la Plata. From left to right: @Viranani , @C_clearly, @SYates

Cheers to all of you! It's fantastic that you managed to meet up and have so much fun.

From this side, it definitely feels like having hit the jackpot. What is slightly amazing is that these wonderful Forum people did not seem so different face to face than they are on line. I knew this Forum was different and that just proves it.Thanks CaminoDebrita, Cclearly, as SYates for some very good times!
Hasta la vista...
(I'm checked out and heading to the airport in a few minutes...a poignant time.)
Edit some hours later and from a different place altogether: SdC and much of Galicia that we flew over was sunny this morning, but it looked like most of the rest of the Camino was under clouds. Wishing you a lovely evening down there, Cclearly and SY! Hope you all can make the most of that tapas bar, and that there is clarity about the next part of the journey!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Evidentemente en el camino cuatro amigas son mejores de (hay) cuatro gatos - ¡jeje!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back