• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cultural Handbook For Camino Ingles?

Roahne

Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles (2017)
Finisterre/Muxia (2018)
Portuguese (2019)
Nascente (2019)
Frances (2020)
Hey all--
First post, so apologies if this has been covered previously.

I am planning my first Camino for this September/October. As I only get two weeks off from work (how do all of these people do a full Camino Frances? So jealous! I wish I had that time) I began to explore options that would allow me to start and finish a Camino and it brought me to the idea of walking the Camino Ingles, and then walking the Finisterre/Muxia extension.

When a friend heard about my planning for the Camino, she gifted me a copy of, "The Pilgrimage Road to Santiago: The Complete Cultural Handbook." While a considerable tome, it is comprehensive and if I was to be walking the CF, I would be treating it as essential to my training so as to have a full understanding and appreciation of where I was walking.

My question is, does there exist an equivalent option for the Camino Ingles? My searches have been fruitless thus far. Appreciate the help!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola and welcome.
I would suggest that you download @JohnnieWalker 's guide to the Inglés as it has information about the route and does include some about the churches or historical points. Information available from the Inglés page of CSJ UK, guide available as a hard copy or pdf file and now also for Kindle (see CSJ page for the last two).
With the information from the guide it is then possible to search for more information on the web. :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Can I suggest that you spend 2 nights in Betanzos so as to have time to visit all the lovely old churches and also the Pasatiempo Garden. All in the guide. The sello of Santiago was in the church in the main square, near the Tourist Office. In 2015 it opened 10.00 to 12.00 and 16.00 to 19.00 and the guide/curator had the sello. A donation is appreciated as we understand it goes towards his pay.

I have yet to plan my itinerary so I will gladly take that suggestion. Thanks!

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.