• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Current conditions on the Mozarabe

Yooper B

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, April 2014
VDLP, April 2015
Camino Mozarabe, April 2018
Portuguese, April 2018
We are living in Ronda for six weeks and begin the Camino Mozarabe on April 4th. We’ve had nothing but daily rain since we arrived, but are managing to hike frequently irregardless. We are prepared as far as gear goes (this us our third Camino) and have waded across a few swollen streams because of the rain. We’re hoping it lets up soon and begins to dry out. Any info on current conditions on the Mozarabe would be appreciated though? I guess what I’m asking for is some good news!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My wife and I just walked from Malaga to Merida. Two weeks in the rain. No big problems. I made reports on the forum. Try to find thred Mozarabe from Malaga on this forum. There are notes of etapas and accomdations.
Buen camino

We are living in Ronda for six weeks and begin the Camino Mozarabe on April 4th. We’ve had nothing but daily rain since we arrived, but are managing to hike frequently irregardless. We are prepared as far as gear goes (this us our third Camino) and have waded across a few swollen streams because of the rain. We’re hoping it lets up soon and begins to dry out. Any info on current conditions on the Mozarabe would be appreciated though? I guess what I’m asking for is some good news!
My wife and I just walked from Malaga to Merida. Two weeks in the rain. No big problems. I made reports on the forum. Try to find thred Mozarabe from Malaga on this forum. There are notes of etapas and accomdations.
Buen camino
Thank you for responding. I should have mentioned we are leaving from Granada. But I will check you thread out!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walked it at the start of May 2 years ago. First day out of Almeria was scorching! Then rain for about 50% of the time. Luckily I managed the two river beds in the dry (although the second one was closed the day after because it flooded. A lonely walk as I only encountered other pilgrims on two nights (one was a cyclist and the other was going home the next day). Still a very different experience from my other outings! Absolutely loved Merida! By the way the albergue in Guadix is a MUST. A gorgeous Moorish home.The sculpture in the cathedral is her's!

Hi! Just started the Mozarabe... its blue skies and butterflies so far. I met Veronica (Vero) from the camino association on my first day. She speaks english and can answer any questions. Her no./Whatsapp is 0034660229995. There are "new" municipal (donativo) albergues in Santa Cruz de Machena and Ocaña.

Hola! Thank you ever so much for the blue sky and for the butterflies! Both are much needed. And thank you for info. I will start on the Mozárabe in two weeks from now. Actually 12-14 people will start around that time…

Buen Camino,
Nina

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just completed Malaga - Baena (to link with previously walked CM from Granada), taking 8 days. (V useful guide from the “amigos” in Malaga - meet Tuesday evenings).
Appreciable amount of rain has resulted in some seriously muddy sections, obliterating route in places, so, regrettably, resorted to roads.
Accommodation in refuges no problem but, in places, beds limited (Antequera has only 4; Encinas Reales 7, but roof leaks reduced number to 4!)
V few walking from Malaga but indications are of increasing numbers.
Some quite challenging (“hilly”) stages but well way-marked with, of course, splendid natural scenery and historically interesting towns.
Overall experience pleasantly brought to mind walking other routes in less popular times past!

Hi Ninja, The first few stages from Almería involve a lot of walking in the dry stony river bed so you will enjoy picking pebbles from your shoes. But there's some proper hill walking too. It's been chilly in the early mornings and a bit windy so a warm hat might be a good idea if you were thinking of leaving yours behind. There are only 2 of us so accommodation is no problem. But if there is a big group and you want to stay in municipales, beds are few: Rioja (10), Santa Cruz de Marchena (8), Ocaña (4), Abla (12), Huéneja (9) so you'll have to spread out. You might be competing with other non-Camino trail walkers for the alternative accommodation so make sure to contact Veronica, she is very helpful. Hope the weather stays fine for you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back