• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Currently in Sigüeiro

domigee

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2022 CF
What a peaceful, green, quiet Camino!
Bliss after the last days on the CF, from Sarria to SdC.
Arrived in Santiago on August 11th early morning and took train to Ferrol that same afternoon.
Then Pontedeume, Betanzos, Hospital de Bruma and today Sigüeiro.
It rained on and off the first two days but yesterday and today it’s scorchio! 30 deg. and blue skies.
Tomorrow back to Santiago!
I really enjoyed this Camino inglés: Very few people, everyone very pleasant, beautiful countryside ....
Thoroughly recommend

Attachments

• BDF892DA-B4B9-4DFA-940C-1CA2A2728240.jpeg
    BDF892DA-B4B9-4DFA-940C-1CA2A2728240.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Oh, there you are, Domigee! Many on the NOT serious thread have been calling for you. We wondered if you'd fallen off the end of the earth. Glad you are well and had a great Camino. Don't forget to pick up your reward from Ivar when you return to Santiago....you are the winner of the longest continuously running thread with over 3200 responses! :) ;) :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Oh, there you are, Domigee! Many on the NOT serious thread have been calling for you. We wondered if you'd fallen off the end of the earth. Glad you are well and had a great Camino. Don't forget to pick up your reward from Ivar when you return to Santiago....you are the winner of the longest continuously running thread with over 3200 responses! :);):)

If not we will make her a state of the art trophy!!!

Ohhh enjoy Domigee!!!
Are you staying in SigueiroHostel?
If not go gor dinner there.
Arrive well in Santiago tomorrow.
If only for the paper table mat/map - a cartoon of the whole of the CI done in the style of "Where's Wally". I'm sure that's me on the last lap into SdC - they'll give you a clean one to take away with you :)

1534345149447.jpeg

first course

Attachments

• 20180413_210047.jpg
    20180413_210047.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 63
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What a peaceful, green, quiet Camino!
Bliss after the last days on the CF, from Sarria to SdC.
Arrived in Santiago on August 11th early morning and took train to Ferrol that same afternoon.
Then Pontedeume, Betanzos, Hospital de Bruma and today Sigüeiro.
It rained on and off the first two days but yesterday and today it’s scorchio! 30 deg. and blue skies.
Tomorrow back to Santiago!
I really enjoyed this Camino inglés: Very few people, everyone very pleasant, beautiful countryside ....
Thoroughly recommend
Check out Sigueiro hostel as a really fab place to stay and also for food, Disfrute!,

Albergue Camiño Real is astonishingly good. Almost a hotel. No bunks, but shared rooms with 6 beds. Real beds. And super friendly hosts.
For eating, I wish I could remember the name of the place where I got the most wonderful platter of grilled...vegetables. I've never seen such a thing in Spain. They were fabulous. It was on the West side of the main street in town.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@domigee I'm walking the Ingles from Ferrol starting 4 September. I'm assuming it'll be similar in terms of the number of pilgrims walking at that time. Did you find any issues finding a bed for the night? I don't really want to have to book ahead or race for a bed but neither do I want to traipse around looking for a spare bed after a long day walking.

My only previous experience was a winter Frances where there were hardly any people and I had many an albergue all to myself.

Hi @firsttimerrob!
After witnessing the chaos on the last few days of the CF, we were slightly in shock and booked ahead for the camino inglés to avoid any more stresses! With hindsight, it wasn’t necessary and we missed out on the albergue experience...
There were very few pilgrims and I didn’t hear of any problems finding a bed. I hope it is the same for you.
I wish you a very happy Camino :)
PS: The camino is VERY well marked, just as well as they have recently changed it and there was no time to update the guide books. If you go out of the way though, it makes it difficult to find the ‘proper’ Camino again.... I asked the locals and - unlike on other caminos - they all knew where the ‘new’ camino was and directed me accordingly.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
they have recently changed it and there was no time to update the guide books
I recently found an app that is updated with parts of the new route (for example the Presedo-Bruma portion): Inglés BASIC, which I found on the Apple App Store. You can access a google map in the free version of the app, and there are also pay versions (I just downloaded the free one to see the map!).
The parts around Sigüeiro didn't appear to be updated, but one isn't likely to leave the path in those sections, so not really a concern.

Buen Camino!

Around sigueiro, just follow the waymarks and signs. The new route is well signposted and you walk about 1/2km parallel, to the right, and up the hill from the main Sigueiro to Santiago road on quiet country roads

Albergue Camiño Real is astonishingly good. Almost a hotel. No bunks, but shared rooms with 6 beds. Real beds. And super friendly hosts.
For eating, I wish I could remember the name of the place where I got the most wonderful platter of grilled...vegetables. I've never seen such a thing in Spain. They were fabulous. It was on the West side of the main street in town.
Now have private rooms , called Camino Real apartments.
Any update on what restaurant as HRH is missing her veggies.
There in 2 days , weather lovely , 25c each day for the 5 days.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The two places are most likely Café Restaurante Mirás and Restaurante Cortéz. I’ve not personally been to either, but both are recommended by locals.

The two places are most likely Café Restaurante Mirás and Restaurante Cortéz. I’ve not personally been to either, but both are recommended by locals.

And the former owners of Hostal Miras now have HostelSigueiro and their restaurant is also very good. Next to the river.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.