Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

LIVE from the Camino Currently on the Primitivo

DMSyracuse

Time of past OR future Camino
CF March/April 2015 - SJPdP to Santiago
Cam. Finisterre/Muxia August 2016
Cam. Fatima - Oct 2017
Just started my Camino Primitivo today. Im
Blogging daily so if interested here’s the link:

dam2015caminodesantiago.Wordpress.com

Any questions I’ll answer if I can. Beautiful starting day today from Oviedo to Grado. Stayed at la hospederia in Oviedo on which you can literally see the cathedral as soon as you walk out the door. And staying at albergue la Quintana which is very nice!
I didn’t have a reservation for today - wasn’t needed - there are quite a few pilgrims here but still a few empty beds.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Vagabonder

Le Puy to SJPP (2019)

Any questions I’ll answer if I can. Beautiful starting day today from Oviedo to Grado. Stayed at la hospederia in Oviedo on which you can literally see the cathedral as soon as you walk out the door. And staying at albergue la Quintana which is very nice!
I didn’t have a reservation for today - wasn’t needed - there are quite a few pilgrims here but still a few empty beds.
We walked the Primitivo in May and also stayed at La Quintana. It was pretty full then. I hope you have lovely weather as we did, the first week of May was beautiful.

Camino Primitivo

@DMSyracuse - I am starting from Oviedo on September 15. Were the temperatures fairly cool in the early mornings and evenings during the hilly/mountainous legs of the Primitivo? I was planning to bring a light/insulated jacket.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

DMSyracuse

Cam. Fatima - Oct 2017
Thanks so much for this information!
Have you had to book into your albergues? Or are you stopping based on where you want to and finding that beds are available?
Will be out there end of Sept and into the first third of October.
Sometimes booking the night before when we are reaching a town that might only have 1 or 2 albergues. Have never run into a situation of not finding a bed. Only booked oviedo and Bodenya albergues prior to my trip otherwise basically taking it day by day.

DMSyracuse

Cam. Fatima - Oct 2017
@DMSyracuse - I am starting from Oviedo on September 15. Were the temperatures fairly cool in the early mornings and evenings during the hilly/mountainous legs of the Primitivo? I was planning to bring a light/insulated jacket.
Yes during the mountain legs I did pull out my light wind jacket and even my zip up fleece - on Hospitales as it was a beautiful sunny day but very cool and windy at the peak!
I also just brought a liner and have been plenty warm at night but I assume that’ll be changing soon

Most read last week in this forum

Just outside Grado, not sure if they have one massive curtain or automated blinds?
First day walking, Oviedo to Grado! Heavy rain most of the day, few wrong turns leaving Oviedo! Was coming through trail into Grado, was passing a house with a dog barking, but chained. Next thing...
Should arrive in Oviedo tomorrow evening and was looking for a decent pub/bar to watch the game in! Mixed results with google, I know I might struggle finding somewhere, as I believe Spain are...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides