• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cycle Porto to Santiago-

sukim

Time of past OR future Camino
portuguese way end of may( 2015)-have 10 days to bike the coast
Hi, first timers here,has anyone done this route recently?? How long, best bike rentals?? We are planning end may.have allowed 7 days?? Welcome any other bikers stories on the portugal coast??

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sukim,
I have biked from Porto to SDC twice. I loved it. I am fat, old, and slow so it took me 6 days. I have rented from Bikeiberia several times. They are flawless. Located in Lisbon, but they send the bike anywhere you desire.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've cycled along the coast from Porto to Vila Praia de Ancora in sections. If you cycle frequently, 5 days should be enough to still take in a lot of scenery.

Did it last month with my 16yo son. Awesome!! Used tournride. Cannot recommend them more. They are brilliant, kind and caring. Beware of biting off more than you can chew. Some stretches are VERY hard - eg just after pdlima where you have to drag your bike up a footpath for kms on end. We did it in 5 days (pdl tui pontevedra teo sdc). Could have done it in 4. Maybe should have done it in 6? Either way - awesome way! After that we walked to muxia and then finesterre. Was the best 2 weeks of my life. Enjoy! So envious.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Francis,

This is nice to hear, I have done pamplona to Santiago twice on a bike and now keen to do the Portuguese bit. Did you use the coastal route? What guide book did you use? I am aware that this route is not as well travelled as the other so information is harder to come by! Where you on roads a lot? (I have been told traffic/drivers are not good!) i have also used tournride for each of my camino and can't fault them for cost and quality.

Hi saliee5.

We did the barcelos pointe de lima tui pontevedra santiago route. We used the brierly guide but not that useful as no cycle-specific info. Most useful resource was mobile version of maps.me and the downloaded track. Some roads yes but not that much.
How long did it take from pamplona. If youve done it twice i assume you would recommdnd it?

Francois

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked several caminos since 2013 and am hoping to experience the Primitivo in September. Recently I have developed a nasty intermittent pain in the ball of my feet, especially the left...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back