Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Cycle route

• Thread starter Deleted member 36084
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 36084

Hello
I'm thinking cycling the camino France's I walked it 4 years ago but cannot remember if the bike route was the same or marked ?? I have my guide book is the sufficient for biking the same route . ANY further info would be great
Scott

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino

biarritzdon

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF&CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF&CP17, CdN18, CM18, CF18, LePuy19
They are about the same but you can find some very good bicycle guides which layout the alternative routes on paved roads. If you walked it you know there are some place you'd rather not ride.

Year of past OR future Camino
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hola @scottTreker about the best is one (that as far as I know) is only published in French (do a google search); the other is the Michelin Guide. This second one is generally a walking guide but as it list most of the route names/numbers for local roads adjacent to the Camino you can do a google map search for alternate routes. You might also have a look at the Confraternity of St James (CSJ) a UK based camino group who did have a comprehensive cycle guide. But I think it is now only available in e_book format. Hope this helps.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads