• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cycling Camino de Santiago September 2020

Mieke_2020

Time of past OR future Camino
Part of French way
Hi everyone. I’ll start cycling the camino from tomorrow (Northern way) starting in Irun (the Albergue and tourism office are closed btw). I am
cycling regularly but am not sure how many km are doable per day. I’ve read that the first bit is really tough on some sites but others say around 70km can be done. Can anyone give some advice please? I also need to find accommodation along the way where I can store the bicycle as well. Is that difficult these days and is it always necessary to book in advance (knowing that walkers have preference)? Thank you very much.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Can be done if in really good form. I can't. YMMV as they say.

hello all, my wife and i are starting the camino in Lisbon on the 19th September 2020 , we will be on a tandem bike not really suited to very uneven surfaces, is there some of the route that would be suited for us to cycle on maybe we can dip in and out on certain areas? we are going all the way to Finisterra.
we also require help with getting our bike boxed when we finish we are cycling back to porto and plan to be there by the 4/5th October as we fly home on the evening of the 6th can any one recommend a bike shop that offers this service in porto any help is much appreciated

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked several caminos since 2013 and am hoping to experience the Primitivo in September. Recently I have developed a nasty intermittent pain in the ball of my feet, especially the left...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back