• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cycling Camino Madrid...

baker_999

Time of past OR future Camino
None!
Hi All,

I have 10 days to do the Camino Madrid starting May 13th and have not done one before. I am confused about the following, so any advice would be greatly appreciated:
1. I assume the route for this follows the walking trail, is there a google map any where for backup?
2. How do I find the auberges (is there a directory ?)
3. Any packing advice of what/what not to take.

Thanks
Dave

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi All,

I have 10 days to do the Camino Madrid starting May 13th and have not done one before. I am confused about the following, so any advice would be greatly appreciated:
1. I assume the route for this follows the walking trail, is there a google map any where for backup?
2. How do I find the auberges (is there a directory ?)
3. Any packing advice of what/what not to take.

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave, judging by the dates, you have finished cycling your camino, how did you get on ?
Bill

Hello Bill
Indeed i have finished. It was quiet. Almost too quiet. But once i intersected with the Frances (in sahagun) I met some authentic grims', which was nice. One day I'll cycle the frances too. Spain has remarkable solar and wind farms which was encouraging to see.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello Bill
Indeed i have finished. It was quiet. Almost too quiet. But once i intersected with the Frances (in sahagun) I met some authentic grims', which was nice. One day I'll cycle the frances too. Spain has remarkable solar and wind farms which was encouraging to see.
Well done, how did you get on with your questions ? Were the albergues easy to find, did you cycle the walking camino ? And tips on what to take, leave behind, ? I have walked the Frances , SJdPP to muxia, last August in the heat , and the Primitivo this April, Oviedo to Fisterre, I will walk some more caminos, but planning a camino from Ayrshire to Santiago and back with two wheels :).
Bill

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked several caminos since 2013 and am hoping to experience the Primitivo in September. Recently I have developed a nasty intermittent pain in the ball of my feet, especially the left...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back