• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cycling from SDC to Lisbon

Time of past OR future Camino
2019 - Frances & Portugues
July 2022 - Norte
I have rented a bike from BikeIberia to start the Portuguese Camino backwards from SDC on Sept 17. Must arrive in Lisbon by Sept 30 to catch flight home on Oct 1.

BikeIberia is sadly out of Garmins to rent and does not have a route map for this ride. Any advice on a book or maps I can buy so I don’t get lost? Anyone else cycling this way around that time? (we could team up and share rooms). Once the Portuguese route splits just as it enters Portugal I will take the coastal route.

I am currently 2 days from Leon walking on the CF. Plan to go to Finisterre +| - Murcia then bus back to SDC to start my Portuguese Camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
We used the Brierley guide (but took the inland route) when we cycled . We were cycling towards SDC tho'..... We cycled the Norte backwards afterwards - which despite having Johnny Walker's excellent guide - we went awry often being 'against' all the signs..... You just have to be much more vigilant about looking behind you for Camino signage...! But being on the coastal route should be easier - just keep the sea on your right....;)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back