• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cycling the Pelgrimspad - a solo adventure

Bridget and Peter

Time of past OR future Camino
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
The idea is to take my bike and tent across to the Netherlands (ferry, Harwich - Hook of Holland), connect with the Pelgrimspad somewhere south of Amsterdam (by train probably) and cycle as close to the Pelgrimspad as reasonable, for as far as possible in about 10 days, then train back to the ferry and home. Probably leaving 25th June. I have sent for an atlas of cycle routes.
Can anyone suggest
1. how to get a guide book to the Pelgrimspad
2. places not to miss
3. extent of 'pilgrim awareness' eg collecting stamps
4. anything else useful ?

Thanks

Bridget

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
http://www.caminodesantiago.me/board/long-distance-pilgrims/topic9547.html?hilit=pelgrimpad#p68309

Hi Bridget,

I believe that forum member Luka has completed Pelgrimspad 1 & 2. See above link for more information. As mentioned in the post, I do not know of any English guidebooks. Haven't walked it myself (yet).

If I come up with any other information will let you know.

Feel free to PM or ask if I can be of any help. Will be around until June 29th then off to Grañón to be a hospitalera for 2 weeks.

Good luck planning and look forward to hearing about it. But do suggest that you at least walk the first stage through Amsterdam. It would be a shame to miss that part!

Cheers,
LT

Thanks, LT.

Do you know how I could get a guidebook with maps in Dutch? I don't mind doing some work with a dictionary!

I have been to lovely Amsterdam previously. This time I am going to concentrate on small towns and the countryside.

thanks for your help

Bridget

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back