A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Cycling the Via Francigena

Camino(s) past & future
None
Hello. My husband and I recently walked the Camino de Santiago (St Jean to Santiago) and have now set our sights on the VF. In order to ensure we have enough time to complete the journey we are considering cycling from Canterbury to Bensacon (or Lausanne) and walking the rest.

This approach raises some issues that I thought I would pose to the forum.

1. Does anyone know of companies that rent bikes one way Canterbury to Bensacon (or Lausanne )?

2. Does anyone know of a good cycle shop in Europe where we could buy some used bikes?

3. We may possibly bring our own bikes and would like to store them until we return next year for another cycle trip. Anyone have ideas for storage in Lausanne or Bensacon?

Linda

Advertisment

William Marques

Staff member
Donating Member
Your idea of cycling that section is a good one. I cannot help with answers to your questions but a new bike can be bought in the UK for less than £200 ( from places such as Halfords) which would compare well I would suggest with a rental or transporting your own. Of course such a bike will not be a lightweight sprinter but would still have 21+ gears which will be useful when lugging your stuff.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June