• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cycling to Finisterre and Muxia

melloglrm

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2019)
Hi guys.
I should be ending my Camino Frances next weekend (May 4th - 5th). I intend to leave Santiago on May 6th towards Finisterre and Muxia, then returning to Santiago on May 8th. On this day, I have my return flight to Madrid (late night).

What are the Bike Rental companies do you recommend for this trip?

By the way, I’m thinking of doing inverted than the usual route:
May 6th: Santiago - Muxia (77km)
May 7th: Muxia - Finisterre (29km)
May 8th: Finisterre - Santiago (85km)
I’m thinking of doing this because Muxia - Finisterre is so short so I can spend the morning in Muxia area and then the afternoon in Finisterre, including the sunset.
Would you recommend instead doing the usual way, Finisterre first?

Cheers guys

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I’m thinking of doing this because Muxia - Finisterre is so short so I can spend the morning in Muxia area and then the afternoon in Finisterre, including the sunset.
I've heard of other people who did the "anti-clockwise" circuit to see daybreak in Muxia and sunset in Finisterre. Seems fair enough. If you were to do it "clockwise," you could still make it to Finisterre for sunset. My advice would be to decide based on the weather reports. One of my memorable experiences was sunset on the rocks at Cabo de Finisterre on a clear evening. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much in heavy rain.

I have no experience of cycle hire ... but Cycling the Camino looks significantly cheaper than Tournride.

To be honest, though, if I were in your place, I'd forgo the bike and carry on walking to Finisterre or Muxia. Go the whole way on foot - It doesn't matter if you don't get to both Muxia and Finisterre this time. They will be there next time.

Hi guys.
I should be ending my Camino Frances next weekend (May 4th - 5th). I intend to leave Santiago on May 6th towards Finisterre and Muxia, then returning to Santiago on May 8th. On this day, I have my return flight to Madrid (late night).

What are the Bike Rental companies do you recommend for this trip?

Cheers guys
Humm, I am walking from SJPP but a friend is going to meet me in Santiago and was thinking of renting bikes for the journey to Finisterre. Thought it would be a nice change to ride! Following the thread. Interested in renting in Santiago as well.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Following the thread. Interested in renting in Santiago as well.

Thread is from 2019 but if you are interested in renting try Bicigringo or Bike Iberia. I've used the latter a couple of times (or brought my own)

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?
I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back