• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Resource icon

Camino Book Cycling & Walking the Camino de Santiago Book - minimal price allowed om Amazon 2017-03-04

No permission to download

Mike Newton

Camino(s) past & future
Cycled Caminoin 2014, 2015,2016 with my wife who walked the whole way. I had a problem with my left foot that is still not fixed now so could not walk.
Mike Newton submitted a new resource:

Cycling & Walking the Camino de Santiago Book - now free - My wife Naoko walked and I cycled the Camino over 5 weeks split between 3 periods in 2014-16. I had hoped to walk the Camino but had a bad pain in my left foot just before the start caused by 2 Morton's neuromas, and have spent £1500 trying to fix it but I still have pain now if I walk too far so I cycled all the way in the end. My wife developed plantar fasciitis after about 100km of our 2015 trip but she walked or hobbled on for another 200km. I would have given up.
The third trip in 2016 was after the Brexit vote and I took along a shirt with 'We love the EU' on the front, and 'We hate Boris' on the back. I asked quite a few people that I met along the way if they would wear the shirt. It was certainly a way to get people talking.

I have reduced the price of my book 'Cycling & Walking the Camino de Santiago' to the minimal allowed on Amazon Kindle $2.99. I am only allowed to reduce it to no cost every 90 days for 5 days.. It is on all Amazon sites across the world. I would love a few comments.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Seems it isn't free anymore, so you might want to change your title ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Mike Newton

Camino(s) past & future
Cycled Caminoin 2014, 2015,2016 with my wife who walked the whole way. I had a problem with my left foot that is still not fixed now so could not walk.
Seems it isn't free anymore, so you might want to change your title ;-) Buen Camino, SY
Thanks for your comment. I have changed the title and added a few extra words. There are plenty of blogs but I enhanced my blog after the Camino to include maps of the sections & the populations & elevations of the villages that my wife walked through. What makes my story slightly unusual is that I had to cycle due to a foot problem, with my wife walking.
It sounds like you might be walking the Camino so good luck. If I can finally get ride of my Morton's neuromas that I might try to walk the Camino. It was certainly a fascinating experience. Buen Camino

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 200 15.1%
  • May