• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Cycling & Walking the Camino de Santiago Book - minimal price allowed om Amazon 2017-03-04

No permission to download

Mike Newton

Time of past OR future Camino
Cycled Caminoin 2014, 2015,2016 with my wife who walked the whole way. I had a problem with my left foot that is still not fixed now so could not walk.
Mike Newton submitted a new resource:

Cycling & Walking the Camino de Santiago Book - now free - My wife Naoko walked and I cycled the Camino over 5 weeks split between 3 periods in 2014-16. I had hoped to walk the Camino but had a bad pain in my left foot just before the start caused by 2 Morton's neuromas, and have spent £1500 trying to fix it but I still have pain now if I walk too far so I cycled all the way in the end. My wife developed plantar fasciitis after about 100km of our 2015 trip but she walked or hobbled on for another 200km. I would have given up.
The third trip in 2016 was after the Brexit vote and I took along a shirt with 'We love the EU' on the front, and 'We hate Boris' on the back. I asked quite a few people that I met along the way if they would wear the shirt. It was certainly a way to get people talking.

I have reduced the price of my book 'Cycling & Walking the Camino de Santiago' to the minimal allowed on Amazon Kindle $2.99. I am only allowed to reduce it to no cost every 90 days for 5 days.. It is on all Amazon sites across the world. I would love a few comments.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Seems it isn't free anymore, so you might want to change your title ;-) Buen Camino, SY

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Seems it isn't free anymore, so you might want to change your title ;-) Buen Camino, SY
Thanks for your comment. I have changed the title and added a few extra words. There are plenty of blogs but I enhanced my blog after the Camino to include maps of the sections & the populations & elevations of the villages that my wife walked through. What makes my story slightly unusual is that I had to cycle due to a foot problem, with my wife walking.
It sounds like you might be walking the Camino so good luck. If I can finally get ride of my Morton's neuromas that I might try to walk the Camino. It was certainly a fascinating experience. Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...
This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.