Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Cycling Wooded Paths on the Camino Portuguese Coastal Route

JoEllen

Time of past OR future Camino
We are cycling the Camino Portuguese in September. I have directions from our “outfitter” that follow the coastal route - not the shoreline route - similarly to Brierly’s guidebook and maps. In a few places, we are directed to “wooded” paths. I have successfully followed the coastal route as instructed on Google Maps, and do see a few areas that appear to be dirt paths through woods/trees. Google Maps does not provide a street view of those areas, so I have no idea if it is suitable for a hybrid bicycle. I’ve asked the question of the outfitter, but have not heard back yet. Has anyone done the Coastal Route on a hybrid bike? I also have gpx files for the shoreline route from someone who actually did the riding with route tracks that are near the beach but avoid the beach “hazards” that Brierly discusses. I’m thinking we’ll do the shoreline route with the gpx route/track, but in case we have to switch over (weather, wind, whatever) to the coastal, I’d like to have an idea about the wooded areas.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Corned Beef

C. Norte Sept/2022
Can you indicate which sections. I may have a gpx file for these sections which was completed last October. There are others who have done it more recently and will have gpx files.

There is a long section between Vigo and Redondela which was fine (Hardtail). Flat with no ruts.

JoEllen

Can you indicate which sections. I may have a gpx file for these sections which was completed last October. There are others who have done it more recently and will have gpx files.

There is a long section between Vigo and Redondela which was fine (Hardtail). Flat with no ruts.
I have gpx files so I know where I’m going. I just can’t see the path so don’t know the condition for suitability for a hybrid bike. Sounds
Like others have done it and it’s okay. Thanks, though.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

EibhlinC

Camino Portuguese coastal route early Oct
I plan to bike the route from Valenca to Santiago in early Oct . Is the route all paved ? What is the gradient of the hills ? Is a hybrid bike the best choice ?

Most read last week in this forum

Starting from Porto in 2 weeks. Anyone with knowledge on the ease and process of getting Plaxlovid should one come down with Covid? Thank you.
Hi all, I've spontaneously decided I need to do a Camino this year and since time is short (and I'm not Primitivo fit) the Portugues looks like the ideal option. I'm only interested in the Coastal...
Hello together, I am planing on walking the Camino Portugues in about two weeks. For now I heard about many forest fires. Did somebody walk this Camino recently or lives there to tell if it is...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon