• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Daily checking of the forum-am I obsessed?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
In preparation for my first (although that suggests there may be others , and that's highly unlikely) Camino Ingles, I have been devouring every scrap of information from peregrinos, books and as many other sources, so I'm fully aware and ready. Is this normal? :)
Just once a day? That is very restrained :)

I walked it this September ; great Camino and although short, it is testing in parts.
My Blog gives, I hope, a lighthearted account :-
" ensuitepilgrim blog.com/ Wordpress"

Hope you enjoy it as much as me!

Utreia

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes, you are as normal as the rest of us..................
NORMAL!! Did you say normal!my daughters are beginning to think that I am not normal being on this forum! I can assure I would get more work done around the house if I was not checking this a "few" times a day. Must try and wean myself off of it!! Any suggestions as to how I might do this??? Best wishes Annette

NORMAL!! Did you say normal!my daughters are beginning to think that I am not normal being on this forum! I can assure I would get more work done around the house if I was not checking this a "few" times a day. Must try and wean myself off of it!! Any suggestions as to how I might do this??? Best wishes Annette
Plan another Camino...its the only way. :)

Plan another Camino...its the only way. :)
Did France's this year again. Would love to take off again next year but my other half wants to go somewhere else!! I'm thinking! Thinking! thinking! How can I manipulate without being too obvious about it!!! Will see how it goes but defenitely again in 2017. Will not be open for discussion as I used to tell the daughters many years ago!!!! Best wishes Annette

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Did France's this year again. Would love to take off again next year but my other half wants to go somewhere else!! I'm thinking! Thinking! thinking! How can I manipulate without being too obvious about it!!! Will see how it goes but defenitely again in 2017. Will not be open for discussion as I used to tell the daughters many years ago!!!! Best wishes Annette

Just saying;)

There are two people in a relationship........"One is always right" the other is a man?:confused:

Last edited:
Just saying;)

There are people in a relationship........"One is always right" the other is a man?:confused:
Thank you mountain goat, you are so right.i would do the smiley face thing if I could find it but I AM smiling.guess I will have to get the kids to do the technology things again!! And if I don't get off this forum soon today there will be trouble! Nothing getting done in this establishment today. Anna Pugh has opened a can of worms and we are all guilty as charged!! Best wishes Annette

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Annette

when you start a new post reply ,it says ghosted in the background "Write your reply" above Hi Annette is the tool bar(once you start writing).....you see the smiley face ...click on it once and another tool bar appears below with smileys choice , click the one or ones you want
:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Hi Annette

when you start a new post reply ,it says ghosted in the background "Write your reply" above Hi Annette is the tool bar(once you start writing).....you see the smiley face ...click on it once and another tool bar appears below you with smileys choice , click the one or ones you want
:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O
Thank you so much. Found them. Gosh I am getting good at this technology.thank you :):) best wishes

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In preparation for my first (although that suggests there may be others , and that's highly unlikely) Camino Ingles, I have been devouring every scrap of information from peregrinos, books and as many other sources, so I'm fully aware and ready. Is this normal? :)
Whilst I am not preparing for my first Camino,I suffer the same problems.Like you I too devour books on the Camino,having a collection of hardbacks,paperbacks and now a large collection on kindle.I too find I continually dip in and out of the forum numerous times a day.Alas,this. Is a fate that awaits you on your return, from your first and inevitable subsequent Caminos. Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Buen Camino Anna - sounds perfectly normal to me. Instead of 12 steps though you'll need about 1 million.

Oh man oh man, that is hilarious. I talk to people and say, yes, I am still checking the forum and I love reading pilgrim posts and contemplating and learning and thinking and I think of the Camino on the subway (was at a High School Open House on the Upper West Side of Manhattan tonight, and on the subway home, I found myself musing about the Camino and how there is no route cost, and how there is no route donation, etc., I don't know why I was thinking about it, but I was thinking about what means (income/comfort)someone has to have to do a/the/some Camino). So you know, the Road lives with me, and I found myself telling a friend on Sunday night, that my spiritual journey was private because I, well, was not ready to share in the loud kid-friendly pizza joint we were in.... You know, you live a Camino and it becomes part of your language and your relationship (in my case with my son and even tho my husband was not there, with him too). It's sort of feels like being baptized in a very cognizant way...I've been Camino-tized in whatever way that means for me. There will be reflective journeys of the mind to come, even if the feet do not go there. Enjoy! y Buen Camino! Teresa

Define 'normal' ;)

What we are..........:):)

A dear friend who had a severely disabled son had the Define Normal sign in her kitchen. Her boy was bullied mercilessly and told that he wasn't normal. She taught him that normal is however you are made and that everyone's normal is different. It helped him greatly.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I did the French and English Caminos (along with a bunch of other walks) this year and was on here quite a lot prior to leaving. Nothing like Santiago though... the 2nd time in feels almost as good as the first.

Ask me <<< looks at her post count<<<. And I wouldn't count on it being your first and last camino, the camino virus strikes out of the blue and you are infected forever ;-) Buen Camino, SY

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
A dear friend who had a severely disabled son had the Define Normal sign in her kitchen. Her boy was bullied mercilessly and told that he wasn't normal. She taught him that normal is however you are made and that everyone's normal is different. It helped him greatly.
I was being ironic... certainly didn't mean to sound insensitive or to upset anyone

I was being ironic... certainly didn't mean to sound insensitive or to upset anyone

That's exactly how I took your original post. No offence taken. I just thought that the label 'Normal' was an interesting one to explore. I am enjoying this topic.

Please post on.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Anna, it is so normal.
Wish you well , Peter.

I do also have the camino virus We will do the camino via de la plata again !
Buen camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back