• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Daily plan for walk and some questions

Ajda

Hola!

I need your help (again).

Once I saw on the forum daily plan for walk (picture or more like diagram). I was looking for something like that on forum and on net, but i have no luck with it. I guess is also because my "not-the-best" english. I will appreciate if you help me find this diagram.

And now question.
Which alberg you recommend to stay in in Santiago?
I was thinking that would be a good idea to book accommodation.
Especially because I will most likely come to Santiago in the end of the day. And i don't want to stay in hotels (my budget is limited).

Thanks for your help.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ajda said:
Once I saw on the forum daily plan for walk (picture or more like diagram). I was looking for something like that on forum and on net, but i have no luck with it. I guess is also because my "not-the-best" english. I will appreciate if you help me find this diagram.

Ajda,
Maybe this is the Camino planner you had seen before? http://www.godesalco.com/plan

If your budget is limited, one of the cheapest options for Santiago is actually to stay in the Monte de Gozo abergue. They let you stay three nights there. We stayed there the night before we walked into Santiago, and walked into Santiago with daypacks only. At the end of the day, we returned by bus to Monte de Gozo. (Directions for the bus were at the albergue.)
Margaret

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi I suggest you get the John Brierley guidebook, it has fantastic daily plans including elevations and breakdown of road, path, etc conditions as well as accommodation and cultural and historical info. I stayed at Hostal Suzo in Santiago in June 2006 and paid 23 or so Euro for a tiny single room with ensuite. I loved the place, it was right next to the visitors bureau and a short walk to the cathedral. I stayed in hostels and albuerges all the way and the 2 nights in Santiage were a little luxury. I did the Camino on 30 Euros per day then, including accomm, food, wine, beer, incidentals like pharmaceutical items etc. Hope that helps, love, Gitti

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola!
Thank you all for help.

I'll have a lack of time. I'll have only 29 days for walk. And i'm not sure if i can made it in 29 days. So I'm thinking that i will walk all day last day (if all will be OK, of course) and come to Santiago in the evening. And next day just go to airport (have flight at 11.00). So, Monte de Gozo is not the best options.

Thanks for advice about Hostal del Sale. it didnt want to open this website, so i need to try on another computer (better, of course).

KiwiNomad06, yes, this is the planner that i looking for. Thank you very much.

JohnnieWalker, is it possible to buy this The guide to the Camino Frances in SJPDP?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
JohnnieWalker said:
Alas I don't think so. E mail or call the CSJ straightaway and they may be able to get one to you before you go. See what they say...

Thank you. I'll send an email right now.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
crackmrmac said:
Hostal del Sale. it didnt want to open this website, so i need to try on another computer

That's because I typed incorrectly! falcon269 has correct link above. Must go back and edit my post.

Well... it was my comp. :roll:
I clicked on Falcon269's link, but didn't see much :evil: :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ajda, I think it might have something to do with their website design as well. I couldn't bring up the English site, despite their flag. And I had to 'click' in an odd kind of way to bring up each of the pages in Spanish.
Margaret

KiwiNomad06 said:
Ajda, I think it might have something to do with their website design as well. I couldn't bring up the English site, despite their flag. And I had to 'click' in an odd kind of way to bring up each of the pages in Spanish.
Margaret

Hey, Margaret.
It' true what you said. I change a comp. But it still didin't work. Not even pages in Spain.

Oh, well...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back