• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dangerous road to Santiago?

Mana di Castanja

Castanja di Mana
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2018
Lebaniego / Picos / 2022
Hi,

This is my first post, and i'am very excited for my Camino in May 2018.
Excuse me, my english writing is not so very good, but i will do my best to make the readers understand it.:)

When i made the choice to walk the Camino on my own from Saint Pied de Port, my girlfriend was very upset to loose me for 6 weeks!
I said its very save to walk the Camino on my own, because the road to Santiago is a road full of Pilgrims all over the world.
Upset as she was, she says, "people die at the Camino!"
Well, people die everywhere...i said.
So i was very curious if its true what she said, people die at the Camino..and i hit the googlebutton.

So i came on a website Amawalker , whos has a list of people dying at the Camino.
It is very sad to read the list of people who died trying to get to Santiago.
There are many people who died on a heartattack and even drowning, but there is one thing where i'm really shocked about.
There are many car/van/bycicle accidents, Pelgrims or bicycles get hit by a car.
So i wonder do we also walk the Camino the France on the road where cars and vans drives!?
How is its possible that you can be hit by a car?
Its very sad, that so many people trying to walk the Camino, died by accident with a vehicle.

I know never let fear decide your future, and I will walk the Camino in 2018, no doubt about it!
I'm sorry if my first post is so dramatic, but i'm curious what other pilgrims think about this sadness.

Thnkx!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@Chris66 , welcome to the forum. As you have discovered people do indeed die on camino, and many from traffic accidents. There are a few places where care is required when crossing or walking alongside roads but not many. And of the hundreds of thousands who walk to Santiago only a few, a very few, ever come to harm.

Buen, safe, camino.

Hi @Chris66 - while it is certainly true that people over the past 1100 years have died while walking the Camino, it is also true that they died in every other part of the world, some by vehicle, others by any number of ways and often in much higher numbers.

Considering the fact that over 200,000 have walked to Santiago this year alone I think it is safe to say the most dangerous elements the vast majority of Pilgrims have to worry about are blisters, sprained ankles and sore knees...! For the danger of cars, however, I'll share with you what my mother taught me and has prevented an untimely ending for me... "Look both ways before you cross the road" :D:D:D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, and say Buen Camino!

Of course people die on the Camino, but not because it is dangerous. I suspect that it is one of the safest ways anyone can spend six weeks.

Look at it this way: About 300,000 people walk the Camino every year. If we took a small city of 300,000 people, and followed them for six weeks, would anyone die? Of course they would, lots of them! They would die in a variety of ways including car accidents and heart attacks, as well as illness, murder, old age, etc, etc.

You can get hit by a car on the Camino in and around the towns where you are on roads, just like anyone else. For the most part, you are on a path through a farmer's field or a forest, and there are no cars. Pay attention when walking through towns and you will be fine. I think walking the Camino is much safer than driving to a shopping mall where I live.

As others have said, most of the route is not on the road, but there are some sections where you will walk on the shoulder of the road. There are also many places where the trail will cross a road. And, of course, since the Camino goes through cities and towns, you will have some city walking. So, watch out for cars like you would anywhere else. When walking on a road, walk to the left so you can see on-coming cars. Don't use earbuds when walking on the roads or through towns and cities. Keep your eyes and ears open. I think that some pilgrims get into a "zone" in their minds and forget that they are walking through the world where everyone else is living just their lives as they normally would - they forget to look out for traffic. If you are especially concerned, put some reflective tape or something on your backpack or get a bright pack cover so you will be more visible.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Living in a major metropolitan area, lots of traffic, many people walk. Most people hit by cars are not using the crosswalks, not waiting for the walk signal, staring at their phone and not paying attention.

Follow the street crossing signs, look both ways, pay attention to people in cars that may not see you (can you make eye contact?).

I’m always surprised by the number of pilgrims who walk on the side of the road when the sun is coming up. They can see fine, they are walking facing the traffic, and they probably think that the drivers can see them too, but the driver has the sun directly in his eyes . . . .
Stay on the Senda – that is what it’s there for.
Jill

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
… I think that some pilgrims get into a "zone" in their minds and forget that they are walking through the world where everyone else is living just their lives as they normally would - they forget to look out for traffic. …
Indeed. I was always amazed at how many people would be startled silly when I passed them on bicycle at walking speed after announcing my approach loudly in two languages.

Indeed. I was always amazed at how many people would be startled silly when I passed them on bicycle at walking speed after announcing my approach loudly in two languages.
You must remember that some have hearing issues and may not hear your approach.

One thing is walking by the side of a road where the cars are (walk on the left, wear reflective vest or at least patches of reflective material on your gear, change sides to the right when sharp left turn is coming, when crossing look left/right/left and that should do) and Camino paths where just some tractors may pass and much more bicigrinos (using bells on their side and not listening to the music through earphones on your side do the trick).

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You must remember that some have hearing issues and may not hear your approach.
That's why I pass at walking speed. And no doubt hearing is the reason sometimes. And load music in earbuds sometimes. But more often it is "zoning out" as november_moon described.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Yes - on behalf of all the walkers out there - thank-you! thank-you! thank-you! I know most cyclists are considerate of those around them, but they do get a bad rap, and it does only take a few to have a negative impact on lots of walkers.

When you walk be prepared to see memorials erected to fallen pilgrims. Yes, it is sad. But, as others have stated death comes to us all. And, please do not allow fear of vehicular death keep you off the way.
Buen camino.

p.s. Welcome to forum.

For some of us this walk is a spiritual experience, that said common sense & awareness is very important.
I personally would feel blessed to take my last breath on the trail of souls. I would be supprised if you don't meet folks that have a terminal illness.
Keep an open heart it will be a blessing.
Keith

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I think that it is intelligent to remind ourselves to look both ways before crossing any and all streets!

When I walk into and out of major cities--such as Leon and Burgos--I am especially careful.

I know that your girlfriend loves you very much, but perhaps she loves you in part because of your adventurous spirit. I applaud you for your plan to walk the Camino, as it is an experience that I have found enriching, spiritually and culturally.

Your english is wonderful, by the way. Buen Camino!

Your Camino has already begun in your heart and soul. If there ever is a moment when you feel unsafe or in need of help, reach out to a fellow pelegrino.
We are all going to die someday. Make the most of life, fill it with adventure and experience. Buen Camino. :)

Hola - as others have said for over a 1000 years much of the Camino (from Southern France ) to Santiago was along dangerous roads. It was one of the reasons the Pope(s) of the day granted absolution/pardon etc to any pilgrim who whilst on the road too Santiago.
The best advice to a pilgrim I can offer, was what was given/offered to me - keep you eyes & ears open whenever you are walking along or about to cross ANY sealed road. Even on those back country roads a tractor can come along without much notice and the driver not see you, so its your responsibility to get out of the way. Cheers

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Heading into a village a car veered toward me unexpectedly but then again away from me (it was avoiding another car coming around a corner headed toward it.) That was scary but, seriously, I was more concerned for my safety whenever I was at the bottom of a hill and behind me, at the top of the hill, was a bicyclist. Living in the Netherlands I'm sure you can appreciate the bicycle part of this fear (but maybe not the hill part. ;))

Hi,

Excuse me, my english writing is not so very good, but i will do my best to make the readers understand it.:)

When i made the choice to walk the Camino on my own from Saint Pied de Port, my girlfriend was very upset to loose me for 6 weeks!
I said its very save to walk the Camino on my own, because the road to Santiago is a road full of Pilgrims all over the world.
So i was very curious if its true what she said, people die at the Camino..and i hit the googlebutton.

So i came on a website Amawalker , whos has a list of people dying at the Camino.
There are many people who died on a heartattack and even drowning, but there is one thing where i'm really shocked about.
There are many car/van/bycicle accidents, Pelgrims or bicycles get hit by a car.
So i wonder do we also walk the Camino the France on the road where cars and vans drives!?
Its very sad, that so many people trying to walk the Camino, died by accident with a vehicle.

I know never let fear decide your future, and I will walk the Camino in 2018, no doubt about it!
I'm sorry if my first post is so dramatic, but i'm curious what other pilgrims think about this sadness.

Thnkx!

Hola Chris66,

I walked the Camino Frances last year and like you was very excited about doing so. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I hope to go back in two years to do it again.

In all honesty I had heard before going on my pilgrimage of such deaths and accidents but must confess it was not a major concern for me. It is true that there are parts of the Camino where you are walking where there are cars that pass you by. However, you are almost always walking off the road on a path parallel to the road. Accidents can always happen as you point out and like you I believe fear should not rule our lives and decisions. It really is a matter of being vigilant and using reasonable caution, or extra caution, when traveling along side a stretch of road with car traffic going by.

My biggest concern, actually closer to a pet peeve, were the bicyclists. Not all were rude and reckless but I personally found a high percentage who seemed to think they owned the Camino and were indeed rude and inconsiderate. Many traveled at very high speeds and I found this dangerous on some of the more difficult paths one was walking on. Many never warned you from behind that they were coming up on you and they are supposed to. I did see one fellow pilgrim knocked to the side off the path where he was walking and he fell. He was fine but it could have been gone the other way. I myself had a close call with a group of bicyclists who whizzed by me on a narrow portion of the path and I almost fell. I probably should have spoken up or yelled at them but they went so fast they were gone before I had the time to do so. This issue or concern was my biggest disappointment of my Camino Pilgrimage. Aside from this I can still say with great fondness and gratitude in my heart that the Camino was one of the best experiences of my life. May it be so for you as well. Buen Camino!

Thnkx!

When I did my solo Camino this April/May, my wife felt the same. In addition, her friends added their voices of concerns/worries, e.g., what if I had medical emergency on the road.

To assure her, I did video chats with her whenever possible. After a few days, she felt alright.

At the end, she would come with me for next trip, i.e., Camino Portuguese. :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Funny thing about life...no one gets out of it alive. Eventually, all organic life forms die. There are various reasons to be sure.

But, at least IMHO, we should all simply prepare the best we can, then enjoy the journey. I, and many others in this forum, have observed correctly that the Camino is more about the journey than the destination. We should relax and enjoy the journey. The destination will come sooner or later...for each of us...

On the Camino there are indeed very few deaths. According to contemporary records, most of these deaths are caused by two factors: accidents, and natural causes likely brought on by poor physical condition or undiagnosed ailments, such as heart disease.

The accidents are, IMHO, largely preventable by following basic safety rules for walking FACING oncoming traffic, making yourself more visible, and when in groups walking single-file. This covers MOST but not all accidents.

The point made above above walking at sunrise with the sun behind you, but in the face of oncoming drivers was particularly sage. The rising sun's glare easily obscures oncoming walkers. Given a choice, the senda / path is a better option.

The disease-related demise incidents are usually related to heart attacks occasioned by the additional exertion that walking 25 Km daily with a 10 kg or more rucksack, along hilly terrain. What usually underlies these sad incidents is previously undiagnosed cardiac problems, or lack of adequate conditioning.

All in all, the Camino is safer than being in a large city at home. The risks to your safety are much, much lower.

Walking is walking, albeit for a longer stretch each day. You simply repeat the previous day's effort for a month or more. But each day is a discrete activity.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thnkx!

A lot more people expire in their Bathroom.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For any lingering doubts, I saw this last year just before Villafranca Montes de Oca and wanted to post this example of how serious the Spanish take road safety :eek: To be fair, I had to leave the Camino trail and walk along the road to get this photo!Spanish Road Safety.JPG

Hi,

I had to laugh, because I just had a similar discussion with my husband-- but he is concerned about me walking in France! (I am hoping to walk from Le Puy en Velay in early Oct.) "Spain is fine!" he said, "But France?" --I've walked twice in Spain, but both times with my teenage son. I think he's gotten used to the Camino being safe...this time I am going by myself. But fear is not rational, and I know I can quote crime statistics and death rates to my husband for hours and it will make no difference. What he wants to know is "will I be safe". I promised to text him every morning from where I start out, and every night when I stop walking. I promised to walk with people when I can, or at least keep someone in eye sight.

ps Your English is fine. :)

....I see that if you died on the Camino in the middle ages you by passed purgatory.......I don't know if the church still teaches the existence of purgatory or not....but that has to be the silver cloud of dying whilst on pilgrimage.....as if such a place does existence I'm sure the waiting line would be quite long.

(Just make sure you have the right travel insurance and life insurance to look after any dependants.)

Thanks for all the reply’s! But for the record, i am not planning to die on the Camino, i want to live it!:D
But i will be extra carefull on the traffic roads.

I also want to quote Mark Twain on this topic;

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

I will walk the Camino on 2018

Buen Camino!

Hi,

Thnkx!

Chris,

You are probably in more danger when you drive to the airport to start your Camino, I have walked four Camino's and never heard of anyone dying , there are markers along the way where people have died but they are few and far between.
One thing is for sure you will not die of loneliness , you will be surrounded by people who will reassure and care for you along the way.
Just be vigilant as you are when you are at home crossing the road etc.
Have fun I always have.
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I’m always surprised by the number of pilgrims who walk on the side of the road when the sun is coming up. They can see fine, they are walking facing the traffic, and they probably think that the drivers can see them too, but the driver has the sun directly in his eyes . . . .
Stay on the Senda – that is what it’s there for.
Jill
But sometimes, the marked path IS shared with cars. So if it's two-lane, instead of always walking on the left, walk so the setting or rising sun is in front of you, not in front of the motorist. And out where the unpaved one-lane path is shared with cars (many places), keep in mind circumstances that may interfere with the driver's vision. Or deep ruts that may suddenly shove a car, motorcycle, or bicycle sideways.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Funny thing about life...no one gets out of it alive. Eventually, all organic life forms die. There are various reasons to be sure.
You give good advice, @t2andreo .

When near roads, take out your earplugs. And: Put the phone in your backpack for use only when not walking. The music you listen to may well be your funeral hymn. And you'll miss the singing of the birds.

You may end up here:

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Cleansing the human gene pool.

Last edited:
I LOVE the Darwin Awards and eagerly await the new issue each year!

What earphones? I wear Bose, noise-canceling ear phones on the plane traveling over. But, they are always in the first box of redundant to use items mailed down the road to Ivar in Santiago. You are preaching to the choir on that issue.

For any lingering doubts, I saw this last year just before Villafranca Montes de Oca and wanted to post this example of how serious the Spanish take road safety :eek: To be fair, I had to leave the Camino trail and walk along the road to get this photo!View attachment 35939
I work on the UK motorway system. We wear clothing like this EVERY time we go out on site.
It does nothing to protect you, it just gives the drivers of large, intercontinental lorries something to aim at!
Seriously so many people wear "hi-vis" clothing nowadays it has lost its impact.
There was a campaign in Belgium a couple of years ago which featured huge billboards depiciting a site worker with a large, flashing lamp mounted on his safety helmet.
Belgium.jpg
The caption reads: "And now can you see me?"
What keeps you safe on a fast moving highway is the thought that all drivers are mad and dangerous and that your only friends are your eyes, your ears and the ability to so a standing jump farther than Jeff Henderson.
That said I've done five Caminos without even a close call!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I LOVE the Darwin Awards and eagerly await the new issue each year!

What earphones? I wear Bose, noise-canceling ear phones on the plane traveling over. But, they are always in the first box of redundant to use items mailed down the road to Ivar in Santiago. You are preaching to the choir on that issue.
Love my BOSE!

I know EXACTLY what you mean from having lived in the Flemish region of Belgium for two years. If you hear the "bling, bling" of a bicycle bell behind you and do not IMMEDIATELY jump to the right, off the Fietspad, the next sound you are likely to hear will be the heavenly harpists...:eek:

I work on the UK motorway system. We wear clothing like this EVERY time we go out on site.
It does nothing to protect you, it just gives the drivers of large, intercontinental lorries something to aim at!
Seriously so many people wear "hi-vis" clothing nowadays it has lost its impact.
Hi Jeff

I guess when you are working on the UK motorway system you are working in saftey controlled zones with cones/barriers with restricted speeds for those motorists passing the working areas and with floodlights at night ? As pilgrims on this route there are times when we are walking in live traffic conditions and whilst I would totally agree with you that we need to use our eyes and ears we also have a responsibility to ensure that we are clearly visible to drivers of approaching vehicles especially
in times of low visibility.

Thanks for all the reply’s! But for the record, i am not planning to die on the Camino, i want to live it!:D
But i will be extra carefull on the traffic roads.

I also want to quote Mark Twain on this topic;

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

I will walk the Camino on 2018

Buen Camino!

I agree Chris. To be afraid of dying is no way to live.

Just a thought concerning the statistics, I wonder how many of the car accident deaths were from pilgrims on bicycles, which are on the roads much more than those walking. I'm sure the vast majority are cyclists. While I encountered a small amount of shoulder walking Spring 2016, the only thing remotely dangerous was when I opted to take the road down the mountain from the Cruz de Ferro after heavy rains made the trail unwalkable.

Hi,

Thnkx!

Hi you want to do the Camino then go for it,,,dont worry about if or when or how you may die ,when your numbers up its up, and if you
have to go your go,,, I will be going back for my third trip in 2018, if I live that long as I have a dodgy ticker, but then I could fall down the
stairs and brake my neck, or walk out and get hit by a car , the list goes on and on, if and when my time is up I would sooner die on the Camino
than watching TV.but then again it all depends on your own point of view,,, BUEN CAMINO (Quote from the film Braveheart - everyone dies but not everyone lives)

Last edited:

€60,-
Hi,

Thnkx!
Hi @Chris66; I'm late coming to this thread. I don't know what the road rules are in the Netherlands, or in Spain for that matter, but never assume, as is the norm in some countries, that the pedestrian has the right of way. And never exhibit exasperation or bemusement if a driver does not give you the right of way. I witnessed the latter done in one of the larger towns; the driver stopped, got out of his car and hurled some words (none of which I understood) back at the pedestrian/pilgrim. (It turned out that the driver had a green light which the pedestrian/pilgrim had not noticed, so the driver's anger was understandable.) In the circumstances and as an observer, I found the situation amusing, but the driver obviously did not think so and, in any case, incidents like these do not reflect well on pilgrims.

Have a wonderful camino. :)

Hi @Chris66And never exhibit exasperation or bemusement if a driver does not give you the right of way.
Nor be surprised at the opposite. In one city, drivers would frequently stop and look at me expectantly if I just happened to be standing within ten meters of the roadway. As if they were thinking, "just maybe that guy wants to cross the road..."

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That's why I pass at walking speed. And no doubt hearing is the reason sometimes. And load music in earbuds sometimes. But more often it is "zoning out" as november_moon described.

Exactly right WG. I have developed fairly strong views on this problem, having done all my Caminos on a bike.
My worst experiences were on the first 3rd of the Frances, where the density of walkers is so high. Because I always try to pass walkers safely and, I hope, courteously, the early-morning part of the ride was something of a nightmare, constantly punctuated by the “passing” problem. One morning I seem to remember doing a count, (after Pamplona, I think), and I had to pass over 200 walkers on sometimes difficult tracks. This ruins the whole experience for a rider. Once I hit the Meseta, I discovered quickly the joy of riding with no walker “obstructions” if I can put it that way, because of course I was on the bitumen and the walkers were on the senda, so I could hail them with a buen camino as I zoomed by. From then on, I made a point of staying on the bitumen the whole way to Santiago, despite the fact that it involved quite a few detours, and was therefore able to maintain my own rhythm and get into my “zone”.
If I were asked, I would recommend any Camino Frances bicigrino to stay on the bitumen and enjoy the ride. (With the exception of the Route Napoleon ascent, which is bituminised most of the way in any case).
My other piece of advice would be to choose the Plata/Sanabres instead, which is ideal for a cyclist, and all interaction with walkers becomes a social event!

Nor be surprised at the opposite. In one city, drivers would frequently stop and look at me expectantly if I just happened to be standing within ten meters of the roadway. As if they were thinking, "just maybe that guy wants to cross the road..."
:):) Yes, and always be grateful, and acknowledge all acts of kindness and consideration. (But that is sometimes difficult, if one is feeling a bit grumpy :(). :D

If I were asked, I would recommend any Camino Frances bicigrino to stay on the bitumen and enjoy the ride.
Well, I have enjoyed the ride 99% of the time on the "official" Francés in spite of the passing problem. Two interesting variations: two weeks ago, I was going the other way, and five pilgrims walking side-by-side across the path (which in that section was paved and two car lanes wide), who must have seen me coming, chose to remain spread out across the road, forcing me to stop until they had passed me. On tho other hand, I was recently in a hurry to return a wallet a pilgrim left in our albergue, and every pilgrim (dozens) on the way except one heard me coming and moved to one side of the path.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Well, I have enjoyed the ride 99% of the time on the "official" Francés in spite of the passing problem.
I must confess, WGroleau, that I am somewhat chastened by your reply, because I enjoyed it despite my little rant. I must be getting too sensitive to walkers' complaints about bikes on the camino. As you point out too, there is always another side to the story.

I must confess, WGroleau, that I am somewhat chastened by your reply, because I enjoyed it despite my little rant. I must be getting too sensitive to walkers' complaints about bikes on the camino. As you point out too, there is always another side to the story.
Ha, no problem. Actually, there are many sections that I would recommend cyclists avoid, even though I survived them. :)

A body was found near Valcarlos on Sunday by hunters who called the authorities. A wallet was found near the body, and if it belonged to,the decease he would be a 50 something German man. No clear sign of how he may have died, off to autopsy, but it would have happened 10 days before he was found.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,

Thnkx!
Be brave, have faith and stay safe.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back