Advertisment

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: CF winter 2016/17

Now: http://egeria.house/
I didn't know he was missing. I didn't go there last year. Anyone fill me in?
Last year there were some news floating around the Spanish speaking Camino world that he had closed down the Casa de los Dioses because it all got too much for him. But it seems he reconsidered and is back again ;-) BC SY

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Thanks. As you may well know I was out of forum touch a lot last year what with walking and being busy at University so I missed this news. Glad he is back. It is one of the highlights. Especially after reaching the top of the hill after the slep though the forest!
PS Glad company is finding you and helping you settle into you new life.

Dennis D

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés - 2014
Francés - 2015
Francés - 2016
Francés - 2017
Francés/Primitivo - (2018)
I stopped in on May 12 of this year. It was very cold and he had two warming tents in operation.

I was able to thank him for helping me and many others cross the dry creek that became a raging river due to the torrential rains in 2016. He was standing in the water helping everyone get across. It was difficult to tell him how appreciative I was by his action because there were tears in my eyes. This is one very special guy indeed.

Definitely a Camino highlight not to miss.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances ('09, '11 - entire, '14, '16),
Finisterre ('11, '16),
Madrid ('14),
Invierno ('14),
Levante ('15+'??),
Sanabres ('14, '15 - entire),
Muxia ('15),
Bayona ('16),
Salvador ('16),
Ingles ('16)...
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
His barn is gone? Or has just just moved a bit?

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances ('09, '11 - entire, '14, '16),
Finisterre ('11, '16),
Madrid ('14),
Invierno ('14),
Levante ('15+'??),
Sanabres ('14, '15 - entire),
Muxia ('15),
Bayona ('16),
Salvador ('16),
Ingles ('16)...
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I can see the walls on both photos.

Last edited:
I am glad to hear that he is back. I hope that he has sorted out things with his son and that everybody is well. He has created an amazing place. It's hard to put into words just how special Casa de los Dioses is.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
I am glad to hear that he is back. I hope that he has sorted out things with his son and that everybody is well. He has created an amazing place. It's hard to put into words just how special Casa de los Dioses is.
It reminds me in some aspects of Jesus Jato's place as it was in the early 90s. :p

HedaP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
6 May. He seemed to be alone. Boiled egg, the biggest cumquat I've ever seen, and a small sugar banana. A perfect lunch. Same location. Love that day of walking in the wilds. Saw deer. No wolves but maybe one day.

JP

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2014 - Camino Portuguese 2016 (Coimbra to Albergaria-A-Velha) - Camino Frances 2017.
Yes, he is back saw him and got a big hug from him on the 22nd May 2017. He says hello to everybody on the Forum!

DSC04762.JPG

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances: 2013, 2014
Madrid: 2016
Portuguese: 2015, 2017
Voluntario: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Does anyone know if "Suzy," his Australian partner is still there as well? She did most of the landscaping, creating the meditation garden, if I recall correctly. The last time we spoke was in April 2016 when I walked through from Leon and points south.

Perhaps not related, I did read somewhere on the forum recently about an Australian woman named "Suzy" running an albergue somewhere along the Camino Frances, in the general area of Astorga. Did I recall this correctly, and could this be the same person?

Just curious.

Lisa HS

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Spring (2016)
When I passed by there May 2016 he had a box of 2 week old kitties and their mom. Tired pilgrims passing through got some kitty love and all left with renewed spring in their step.

I remember a very hot day on the Camino in 2009. I said to my Spanish friend, I think Santiago- St. James- will be just ahead. We came up over the hill and there was David in the distance. It was like a mirage but such a welcome, refreshing, friendly stop. It made the rest of the walk into Astorga so much easier. That was without a doubt one of my best Camino memories!!!!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés, Vía de la Plata / Camino Sanabrés, Camino del Baztán, Camino Aragonés, Chemin du Puy
OK, thanks everybody for your contribution.

Gerald

mvanert

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona - Santiago 2014, St. Jean to Estella June 2016, Estella to Santiago April 17, 2018
If I recall correctly, @SabineP mentioned that she met him at his place., early spring this year. I was happy to hear that. Wonderful man.
It was great seeing him on my 2014 camino and am happy to hear he is there still, great guy, great stop.

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Leon-SDC 2012, Hospitalera Rabanal 2014, First Aid 2015, Burgos-Rabanal 2017, Part VF 2017
Does anyone know if "Suzy," his Australian partner is still there as well? She did most of the landscaping, creating the meditation garden, if I recall correctly. The last time we spoke was in April 2016 when I walked through from Leon and points south.

Perhaps not related, I did read somewhere on the forum recently about an Australian woman named "Suzy" running an albergue somewhere along the Camino Frances, in the general area of Astorga. Did I recall this correctly, and could this be the same person?

Just curious.
Hi Tom - The two Susis are not the same person. Susi, the Australian, who set up the albergue at Trabadelo, worked to set it up for most of last year. I understand her albergue, Casa Susi, opened officially in April this year.
Cheers Tom -
Best wishes -
Jenny

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Dennis D Camino Frances 8

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • April

Votes: 47 18.6%
  • May

Votes: 59 23.3%
  • June